diy solar

diy solar

Build a LiFePO4 battery or buy one already made?

Be careful with buying cells from Aliexpress. Many of the listings there are plain scams, and a lot of other sellers are less than honest to say it mildly. Aliexpress is good for many things, but battery cells aren't one of them.
I agree, which is why I bought from and recommended a seller from Will Prowse battery recommendation page. Better to buy from a trusted store then to give your money away to scammers.

Will Prowse's recommendation was good. The cells arrived in great condition and were all the same voltage. None of the cells showed any signs of swelling. They arrived on time and were well packaged. I've watched a lot of Will's videos and the math makes since for my use case. You do have to buy for your use case though. In my case buying more expensive cells would not yield any additional benefits, because I do not cycle them hard. I also used Wills recommended parameters for LifePo4 batteries. So it's unlikely that I will ever need replace them. Plus, will already tested them against more expensive cells and found no difference.

The link reflects the battery specs.

Last edited:
Back