diy solar

diy solar

Buy now or wait? 48v battery build

18650battery, ezealco, imr batteries, and gobel all carry US stock and all have reasonable prices.
Fortunately since @42OhmsPA ordered some battero cells, it seems gobel now has those stateside as well!
Overseas pricing seems to have decreased but also not moved in about a month. I sometimes wonder if until these warehouses diminish their current stock that we won’t see localized lower pricing. They seem to have the volume to dictate the higher prices for stateside convenience

Compare the cost of waiting to the estimated price reduction.

Price of Lifepo4 lf280k has dropped about 40% in one year. Total cost (battery, bms, etc), about 25%. New lf304 bring down total cost per kwh. Maybe lf350 next year? Maybe assume another 25% reduction in one year?

If you only use for backup power, grid down is infrequent, and you have a generator, then cost of waiting is cheap.

If you don't have net metering, and lots of excess solar generation during the day, time of use pricing, then cost of waiting is expensive.

18650battery, ezealco, imr batteries, and gobel all carry US stock and all have reasonable prices.
Fortunately since @42OhmsPA ordered some battero cells, it seems gobel now has those stateside as well!
Overseas pricing seems to have decreased but also not moved in about a month. I sometimes wonder if until these warehouses diminish their current stock that we won’t see localized lower pricing. They seem to have the volume to dictate the higher prices for stateside convenience
I actually cancelled the overseas shipment and I'm spending a few hundred more to order from US stock, the whole wait time worries me with world events as they are.

Back