diy solar

diy solar

Advice for 2 inverter/chargers on separate battery sets

FullMoonSolar

Hello,
I need some advice and was hoping someone here could help. I currently have a Xantrex 3024 connected to 24VDC AGM batteries. The Xantrex outputs 120VAC to a panel in a boat. I am adding a larger Context XW+ Pro connected to LiFePO4 batteries to generate 240VAC to now un-backed up loads. I have decided to keep the AGM for the life of the battery set at least - maybe longer. Originally I planned to remove the 120VAC from the output and use the LiFePO4 for both 120/240. It occurred to me that maybe I can simply add a load center with the Xantrex connected to a separate breaker and the Schneider connected to a 2P breaker - then run the output of the load center to the boat's panel. On loss of power, both should charge their separate battery sets. Any thoughts on this hair-brained scheme?
Thank you in advance

Could you provide a schematic of what you are proposing? It sounds like you want to tie the outputs of the two inverters together. I am not familiar with context, but most inverters require identical HW & Firmware to stack them.

Hello, thank you for your reply. After posting this question, I continued to do some research to evaluate the safety/feasibility of tieing in two inverters to the same AC bus. I've concluded that this is not a good plan.

Thank you again FilterGuy.

Back