diy solar

diy solar

Advice on wiring schematics. (How's it look?)

thetubernoober

Wanted to do up a quick wiring for my Hybrid system arriving in a month. I'm no electrician and I plan to have an electrician do all of the work, but not really sure how I should be making a wiring diagram atm to make things easier for the electrician. But does anyone see anything missing? Here's the equip list:

1) 30x 400w Boviet Bifacial panels
2) EG4 18KPV Hybrid Inverter
3) 2x 30kwh EG4 LifePower 4 Racks
4) 3x IMO DC Disconnect Isolator Switches
5) 4x 96 inch 2/0 AWG cables
6) 6x 100ft 10 AWG PV wire

Not sure if its safe to direct connect my panels into the EG4 18PV since it has it's own DC. As well as getting rid of the 2x 100amp fuses coming from each bank as the inverter and the battery all have fuses already.

Any advise would be great.Your paragraph text (1).png

Attachments

• Your paragraph text (1).png
    Your paragraph text (1).png
    620.6 KB · Views: 9
Not sure if its safe to direct connect my panels into the EG4 18PV since it has it's own DC.
I assume you are asking if you need fuses or breakers on the PV lines. As long as there are 2 or fewer parallel strings going into an MPPT, then string fusing is not needed.
As well as getting rid of the 2x 100amp fuses coming from each bank as the inverter and the battery all have fuses already.
There is a little debate about this. I personally would have the fuse. (That bank of 6 batteries can drive a continuous 600A!! A short could be 'interesting') The fuse should be as close to the battery rack as possible.

However, the way the fuse is drawn kinda indicates it is parallel with the battery..... that would instantly blow the fuse. The fuse should be in series with the battery, typically on the positive line.

1690302855299.png

I assume you are asking if you need fuses or breakers on the PV lines. As long as there are 2 or fewer parallel strings going into an MPPT, then string fusing is not needed.

There is a little debate about this. I personally would have the fuse. (That bank of 6 batteries can drive a continuous 600A!! A short could be 'interesting') The fuse should be as close to the battery rack as possible.

However, the way the fuse is drawn kinda indicates it is parallel with the battery..... that would instantly blow the fuse. The fuse should be in series with the battery, typically on the positive line.

View attachment 159255
Thanks for the information. I should've definitely placed the fuses correctly on the image. Opps.

Back