diy solar

diy solar

Tag along with me on my $30,000 Signature Solar purchase. International Order?

If lead time for that rack is too long ask them if they can source an alternative.

Do you have an expectation of when you’d want everything delivered? Knowing shipping is a huge unknown if you explain to them your expectations hopefully they can get creative and find a solution.
Not really in much of a rush for expecting since it will have a bit of a journey by sea as well. I'd would like it to arrive at my US forwarder by at least Mid/End August. But you're right, I should see what solutions are available.

Did you have to swap yours around?
There have been reports of the threaded battery wire connections being loose or pulling out. I have the earlier version rack which was fine, but I had other issues where the batteries wouldn't fit with the back panel installed. Apparently the mounting rails were positioned too far back, so I had to take the rack apart and move them forward about an inch.

*This is not a review as this purchase is ongoing

Just purchased my complete hybrid system from Signature Solar. I've seen some of the reviews previously regarding customer service and warranty claims so I decided to make this thread for anyone to follow along if they're interested in also purchasing from Signature Solar. I'll be sure to include every detail, good and bad.

Item & Price List
12x EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH | Server Rack Battery | UL1973 $16,308
EG4 18KPV Hybrid Inverter | All-In-One Solar Inverter | 18000W PV Input | 12000W Output | 48V 120/240V Split Phase | EG4-18KPV-12LV $5,599
Boviet 11.47kW Pallet 370W Bifacial Solar Panel (Black) | BVM6610-370-HC-BF | Full Pallet (30 Solar Panels) - 11.47kW Pallet $4,920
2x EG4 Enclosed Battery Rack | 6 Slot | Wheels Included | Welded | Busbar Covers | Fits LifePower4 Batteries $1,098
3x 100ft 10 AWG Copper PV Wire | Black and Red $330
2x 96in 2/0 AWG Battery to Inverter Cables | Black and Red $258
120x Mini Rail | 6in $576
120x End Clamp for Mini Rail | 40mm Silver $180
120x End Clamp for Mini Rail | 35 mm Silver $180 *Panel thickness was between 35&40mm so decided to purchase both to be sure. Can resell unused to market
3x
IMO DC Disconnect Rooftop Isolator Switch $269

LOG START ?

Date: July 17th?
Order status: Paid | Ready to Ship
(So far customer service prior to purchase has been phenomenal. Chat support got to me in less than 2 minutes and was able to answer all of my questions, sometimes even getting in touch with tech support and following up with me.)

Date: July 21st
Order status: Backorder | Partial Ship
(Email came through stating status has changed to Backorder | Partial ship. On checking content of what was shipped it appears everything was shipped. Unsure of why it mentioned backorder and partial ship. Will contact customer service for confirmation.)

Date: July 26th
Order status: Backorder | Partial Ship
(Contacted customer service to confirm what was actually shipped. Was told none of my equipment was shipped due to backorder of battery racks. Not sure why I received an email stating items were shipped and I would receive tracking within 72 hours. Blessing and a curse as I do prefer everything to be shipped at one time for ease of freight forwarders.)
I am actually pleasantly surprised at the battery pricing! Its very competetive, and makes building a DIY 48V battery almost silly, since the price would be similar.
Looking forward to your shared experience!

So you are getting this shipped to a US freight forwarder address and they are shipping to you? The 18k is prob too new to tell reliability wise but how will you deal with warranty issues?
The warranty states 10-year standard. This should be that even if I were in Timbuktu it should be honored. I don't expect them to pay for shipping if a replacement is needed but for a unit. Also, I'm ensuring a licensed electrician does my entire install. Electricians here are licensed and examined in accordance to the statutes and electrical codes of Miami Dade as our country adopts and uses their same Building and Electrical code standards. I also don't mind dishing out for legal to fight it if it ever gets that far. I'm also an American citizen so It shouldn't be too hard.

Looking forward to seeing further updates on your project. I'm international as well. Tell me, are you using 50Hz or 60Hz in your country? I'm 50Hz and the 18K PV inverter is supposed to accommodate for that. I'm hoping to have my 18K PV setup and connected to the house soon. Just finished mounting most of the panels.
60hz here where I'm from. But I'll definitely keep everyone updated.

There have been reports of the threaded battery wire connections being loose or pulling out. I have the earlier version rack which was fine, but I had other issues where the batteries wouldn't fit with the back panel installed. Apparently the mounting rails were positioned too far back, so I had to take the rack apart and move them forward about an inch.
Sounds like fun times ahead. I'll see if I can confirm if the issue has been resolved. Thanks for the info!

Sounds like fun times ahead. I'll see if I can confirm if the issue has been resolved. Thanks for the info!
I received my LP4 rack a few days. Ordered around 1 July.

No issues with the busbar.

The busbar is drilled and threads tapped for each bolt location. Make sure you use a torque device. I was worried about stripping the threads in copper busbar but they held.

If I ever end up having thread issues in the future, I can add a bolt to the back side of the busbar.

Edit to add. I had to make a few minor tweaks to the right side support. Bending downward to align the four mounting screws.
20230724_151030.jpg
20230724_151025.jpg
20230724_151037.jpg
20230724_151041.jpg

Last edited:
I also have been waiting for support. Week 2 on 2 dead 6500ex, but I only spent a little over $21000 with signature solar and I am not an influencer. SS you must do better.

I received my LP4 rack a few days. Ordered around 1 July.

No issues with the busbar.

The busbar is drilled and threads tapped for each bolt location. Make sure you use a torque device. I was worried about stripping the threads in copper busbar but they held.

If I ever end up having thread issues in the future, I can add a bolt to the back side of the busbar.

Edit to add. I had to make a few minor tweaks to the right side support. Bending downward to align the four mounting screws.
View attachment 159784
View attachment 159785
View attachment 159788
View attachment 159789
Thanks for the info and the pics! Looking good! Glad the busbars have been fixed.

I also have been waiting for support. Week 2 on 2 dead 6500ex, but I only spent a little over $21000 with signature solar and I am not an influencer. SS you must do better.
If you paid with paypal then I'd open a dispute for Paypal to handle, not a refund per se, but a dispute. If not, contact your bank and show proof on your end. I'd include the warranty policy, invoice, and any other information in regards to to contacting them for a resolution to no avail. Before my purchase I made sure to confirm with my bank that they would handle any issues in regards to this.

Last edited:
From what I've read presales support is fantastic but post sales support....

From what I've read presales support is fantastic but post sales support....
I haven't lived in the US for many years. Are the banks there now giving people a hard time when trying to chargeback for a product that came DOA or still under warranty & the seller not fulfilling the warranty(to an extent)?

I haven't lived in the US for many years. Are the banks there now giving people a hard time when trying to chargeback for a product that came DOA or still under warranty & the seller not fulfilling the warranty(to an extent)?
All depends on if it was shipping damage and who insured the freight.

I am actually pleasantly surprised at the battery pricing! Its very competetive, and makes building a DIY 48V battery almost silly, since the price would be similar.
Looking forward to your shared experience!
I build my batteries for $183/kWh. Guaranteed to beat their $300-$350/kWh prices. Mine are easily repairable too.

No just went you want to take your money out in cash.

Back