diy solar

diy solar

Affordable 300+ watt solar panels

For panels - shipping is the real killer…

Look local first. Craigslist and also call local solar installers - they buy by the pallet/truckload, then resell, I have heard many times they have odd units left when they change sizes -

Check local Home Depot - I have heard they are getting into solar - last I heard it was 200w panels - but who knows…

Good Luck

just bought 2000 watts off someone on facebook marketplace. they buy them by the pallet than sell them to people. they make money, I saved money. they were about . 80 cents a watt. Canadian dollars

I got 14/20 from craigslist, approximately 4000w worth. Cost about d $0.30 per watt.
I have a pickup truck and a fwir number of 1 inch straps when I needed to pick them up.

Santan solar often has panels in the .20-.30/w range. Signature solar often has panels in the .40-50/w range as well

Check with your local CED Greentech. Many locations have a sales counter. Also, the renogy 320 panels can be purchased from lowes and Home Depot. Lots of discounts and coupons can be used. Even Walmart has free shipping on some panels. JJN panels on eBay are cheap and include free shipping.

He is being very secretive about his location LOL but from his other thread, he is in the Cayman Islands so regular shipping methods are out.

Check with your local CED Greentech. Many locations have a sales counter. Also, the renogy 320 panels can be purchased from lowes and Home Depot. Lots of discounts and coupons can be used. Even Walmart has free shipping on some panels. JJN panels on eBay are cheap and include free shipping.
We normally import items, so I don't have a local place I can go too to purchase a solat panel, I only been checking on Amazon. Am not a fan of ebay , I purchase item twice on ebay and both time i had terrible experienced

Check local Home Depot - I have heard they are getting into solar - last I heard it was 200w panels - but who knows

Home Depot does sell some Renogy stuff, 100W panels I know for sure, maybe 200W ones now. Like a lot of products listed on their website, not all items are available in store. You’ll have to walk down there and check or call your local store. Some items can be ordered online and shipped to the store or your home and some can only be shipped to your home. No idea if they’re getting into solar beyond Renogy.

We normally import items, so I don't have a local place I can go too to purchase a solat panel, I only been checking on Amazon. Am not a fan of ebay , I purchase item twice on ebay and both time i had terrible experienced

I’ve been buying from eBay since the 1990’s and have only been scammed once. When I confronted the seller about (nicely), they refunded me without question. It was the case of I bought an air filter that costs $159 new and they were selling it as “like new” for $60. But when I got it, it was clearly a used item because it had some dirt in it, wasn’t sealed in a bag and smelled bad.

You are far far less likely to get scammed if you follow these two tips. And even if you do get scammed, eBay will refund you ( a small hassle to prove your injury but they usually side with the buyer).

1) the seller must have a long history. IMO, 2 years minimum.

2) If the seller has high volume, their feedback rating must be 98% or higher. If they have low volume, then 100%. If the seller doesn’t have 100% feedback rating, then read the negative comments to find out why. Some buyers are idiots and leave a negative feedback because THEY bought the wrong item and blame the seller for it, or some other excuse to not take personal responsibility for their own mistake. If those are the core of the negative comments, I consider them invalid in regards to the seller’s reputation.

Follow those rules and you will most likely never get scammed again. And remember, if the price is too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.

Lol not secrete about it.

We weren't asking about bodily functions.

I'm a huge fan of eBay; it is my go-to place for shopping.
The fact that buyers give feedback probably aids considerably in keeping sellers on their best behavior.

I found Santan Solar there, have bought 5 pallets of panels from them. Also Stella Volta.

Unless you only need a handful of panels, find out what shipping a pallet to you costs.
If just a handful of panels, higher priced smaller panels that go by common carrier might be better.

(But first see if anybody on the island is taking down old panels, either upgrading to higher wattage or decommissioning. That's how Santan gets their inventory. Also, installers who buy extra and have leftovers.)

I’ve been buying from eBay since the 1990’s and have only been scammed once. When I confronted the seller about (nicely), they refunded me without question. It was the case of I bought an air filter that costs $159 new and they were selling it as “like new” for $60. But when I got it, it was clearly a used item because it had some dirt in it, wasn’t sealed in a bag and smelled bad.

You are far far less likely to get scammed if you follow these two tips. And even if you do get scammed, eBay will refund you ( a small hassle to prove your injury but they usually side with the buyer).

1) the seller must have a long history. IMO, 2 years minimum.

2) If the seller has high volume, their feedback rating must be 98% or higher. If they have low volume, then 100%. If the seller doesn’t have 100% feedback rating, then read the negative comments to find out why. Some buyers are idiots and leave a negative feedback because THEY bought the wrong item and blame the seller for it, or some other excuse to not take personal responsibility for their own mistake. If those are the core of the negative comments, I consider them invalid in regards to the seller’s reputation.

Follow those rules and you will most likely never get scammed again. And remember, if the price is too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.
Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back