diy solar

diy solar

Hi everyone looking for any info on Orient Power

Rob40

If anyone knows if this is a good trusted brand here is the website https://www.opsolarbattery.com/ . I am looking to build a off grid system In Canada Nova Scotia and I know this website offers free shipping at times but I do not want to buy junk. I was looking for a video on Will Prowse Youtube channel but I could not find anything on Orient Power. If anyone knows of some good ground mounting Kits to buy online or a good DIY. Please send me any info you have thank you for your time.

I have three of them. I have not had any problems. Most inverters won't directly support the closed loop communications (as in they don't specifically list these batteries). The BMS is apparently compatible with phylon tech batteries. I had no problems getting SOC reporting to work. I like the wall mount concept and they are not super heavy when installing. I find them to be nice looking. You can click on my picture to see what my install looks like. There is a you tube review here:

This system below seems to me like it would give you a very nice move compact setup withy a lot of power. For true off grid you would likely need 1 or 2 more batteries depending on your requirements. These batteries are equivalent to 3 of the Orient Power batteries so they are very heavy.

If anyone knows if this is a good trusted brand here is the website https://www.opsolarbattery.com/ . I am looking to build a off grid system In Canada Nova Scotia and I know this website offers free shipping at times but I do not want to buy junk. I was looking for a video on Will Prowse Youtube channel but I could not find anything on Orient Power. If anyone knows of some good ground mounting Kits to buy online or a good DIY. Please send me any info you have thank you for your time.
I have Jakiper batteries. I got some of the older generation ones that weren't as good as the newer generation ones they sell now. I have one of the Powerwall types which is pretty much like the Jakiper pro server rack battery. They use Eve Cells and a Pace BMS. Andy at Off Grid Garage has done detailed videos on a few of the Jakiper batteries and also the Pace BMS used in them.
The thing I like most is the Pace bms allows me to use a free software for monitoring that will graph all the cells. You can see a video I made on how I used the software to determine if the SOC was accurate or not . ( answer is usually accurate unless multiple days of partial charging the soc can get off until full charge again) . I would buy from Jakiper/ Orient Power - they have always been responsive to all my inquiries. Their build is very similar to SOK which also uses a Pace BMS. Here is one video from off grid garage

Back