diy solar

diy solar

Aframe Solar Set Up

Murph

Newbie here. Looking to get portable 200 Watt solar set up for my Rockwood Aframe A122S RV and looking at the Renogy suitcase. However, I would like to get the 30 AMp MPPT rather than the 20 for expansion, but doesnt look like that is an option. I guess I could build my own suitcase. Thoughts?

My Aframe is solar ready, but from what I can tell that only means the SA(?) connector on the front of the RV is only connected to the battery so as solar ready as they make it I guess.

What other considerations, if any, should I be looking at. Don't want to over think this.

Thanks

Murph

My Aframe is solar ready, but from what I can tell that only means the SA(?) connector on the front of the RV is only connected to the battery so as solar ready as they make it I guess.

Your assessment appears to be correct. Zamp (the supplier of this feature) says:

Your sidewall port that is mounted on the side of your RV is already wired up to the battery. You can directly plug in a portable unit and face it at the sun to start solar charging. The portable solar system is complete and comes with everything needed to safely charge a battery. Each portable solar system comes with a PWM solar charge controller. The whole system is water resistant, no worries if it get caught out in the rain. (DO NOT PLUG IN A PANEL THAT IS UNREGULATED - this can toast your battery depending on the size of the panel)

Be advised that I have found that at least on my 2022 Aliner, the zamp connector's polarity is REVERSED from standard SAE. Sneaky move on zamp's part to force you to use their way more expensive solar panels. You can buy an adapter for like 2 bucks to fix it.

Be advised that I have found that at least on my 2022 Aliner, the zamp connector's polarity is REVERSED from standard SAE. Sneaky move on zamp's part to force you to use their way more expensive solar panels. You can buy an adapter for like 2 bucks to fix it.
I have read that to AstroBob. Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back