diy solar

diy solar

all in one system and panels

dirtmagerk710

looking to get the growatt 24v 3kw system and was wondering if the renogy 6pcs 320watt mono panels will be compatible

also should they work do I wire panels in series or parallel or just separate into a combiner box

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-163750_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-163750_Chrome.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210405-163821_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-163821_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 5
Please provide the spec of the panels, right now we have no idea what the spec is.

Please provide the spec of the panels, right now we have no idea what the spec is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-173435_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-173435_Chrome.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
So the maximum PV input Voltage of the Growatt 145VDC, that Voltage will limit how many panels can be connected in series.
You will add te Voc together when panels are connected in series then add 20% more for lower temperature headroom, that number should not be higher than the max SCC PV input Voltage. Voc of your panel is 40.10 Vdc, current rating of about 10A.
Do you have the link to the SCC user manual?
So you have 6 panels, you can do 3s2p, so total Voc of about 120 Vdc (about 144 Vdc when factor in cold temperature), total current of about 20A.

Last edited:
So the maximum PV input Voltage of the Growatt 145VDC, that Voltage will limit how many panels can be connected in series.
You will add te Voc together when panels are connected in series then add 20% more for lower temperature headroom, that number should not be higher than the max SCC PV input Voltage. Voc of your panel is 40.10 Vdc, current rating of about 10A.
Do you have the link to the SCC user manual?
So you have 6 panels, you can do 3s2p.

so the panels will be compatible with the growatt
I do not see problem using the panels in 3s2p, but you have to remember that when connecting panels in series the shading will become and issue, if one of the panel in one of the two strings has shade on it then that panel string power will drop down, but the othe string will not be effected..
Others can chime in as well.

I do not see problem using the panels in 3s2p, but you have to remember that when connecting panels in series the shading will become and issue, if one of the panel in one of the two strings has shade on it then that panel string power will drop down, but the othe string will not be effected..
Others can chime in as well.
I just found a video and I believe I can series all of them or should I split them up 24v 320watt is 144v out off the 145v SCC can do and just under half the watt it can handle

I just found a video and I believe I can series all of them or should I split them up 24v 320watt is 144v out off the 145v SCC can do and just under half the watt it can handle
Where is the 24V 320W panel coming from?
You do undertand what 3s2P is, correct?
As I indicated, you need to add up Voc and then add 20% for cold temperature compensation on top and that number should not exceed SCC PV input Voltage.

the renogy panels are 24v 320 watt I posted the info for then earlier
The spec of your panel is:
Voc = 40.10 Vdc
Vmp = 33.7 Vdc
Is = 10.08 A
Imp = 9.50 A

Those are the numbers you go by, not 24V. Rebogy calls it 24V (it does not actually put out 24VDC, it puts out higher tahn 24V as you can see from spec sheet) because you will be using it with 24V system and the panel has to putting put higher than 24V to charge 24V battery pack, but it can also be use with 12V system with MPPT SCC.

so 40x3= 120v and 960watt and do that 2 times
Panel Watts rating is Vmp * Imp = 33.7Vdc * 9.5A = 320W,
you have 6 panels so total power = 320W *6 = 1920W, so each string = 960W
Total Voc = 40Vdc * 3 = 120VDC, factor in 20% in cold weather = 120Vdc * 1.2 = 144Vdc, just below 145Vdc max PV input Voltage.

ok I believe I understand all that now I just need to figure out tge right connectors to link in series

The panels come with MC4 connectors. Just hook the + of one panel to the - of the next on three panels. You will end up with a + wire and a - wire left over. Those are you output (3S).

will those work for a 24v system
Don't fixate on 24v. It doesn't have anything to do with the panels. Your panels will put out a certain voltage and amperage to the Growatt charge controller which will adjust it to 24v and feed the batterie(s) which will also be 24v. The batterie(s) will feed the inverter which will make AC voltage (120vac for USA models).

will those work for a 24v system
The panels I linked will put out ~33v at max ~9.76a which if you multiply together will give you 305watts per panel (at max sun, best conditions). The Growatt will take that wattage and feed the batterie(s) with 24v x whatever amperage is available. Even if you have almost no sun the panels will put out 80+ volts at close to 0 amps, so even making a couple of watts, the batterie(s) will still charge. That is the magic of a MPPT charge controller.

diy solar

diy solar
Back