diy solar

diy solar

Ampere Time 24V 100Ah arrived severely discharged

Correct, this ruling would not apply to a hair dryer… but I cannot imagine a handheld hairdryer having the internal spacing for over 1500W… talk about heated hair! Heck… the hot air guns don’t exceed that, and they are for stripping paint etc…

Insurance companies and the UL labs dictate what appliances are capable of I would think…
Your missing the point. NEC does NOT dictate manufacture standards nor does the UL. The manufacturer can make whatever they want.
It behooves them to follow the standard but they are not required too. Big difference. There is a ton of crap sold on Amazon that is not UL or or any organization certified.

Irrelevant. NEC does not dictate manufacturing standards. It’s a gentleman’s agreement. No law says this. NEC code is followed at building sites and UL listings but a manufacturer can make it pull whatever watts it’s wants.
I wouldn’t say it’s a gentleman’s agreement… more likely it is insurance company’s dictating what is allowed on a standard 15A outlet common in American homes…

Your missing the point. NEC does NOT dictate manufacture standards nor does the UL. The manufacturer can make whatever they want.
It behooves them to follow the standard but they are not required too. Big difference. There is a ton of crap sold on Amazon that is not UL or or any organization certified.
Youtuber technology connections did a video on space heaters and discussed why they are all the same heat output, under 1500W…

What battery did you end up purchasing ?
The SOK 24V 100Ah. But they actually sent me a Jakiper 24V 100Ah which looks pretty much the same from the outside. When I contacted them about it they wrote me back that this is an identical battery and they would warranty it just like one that says SOK on it. Let's hope that will never be necessary and see what will happen when it is. Over the first year of its use I had a few low voltage disconnects that caught me a little bit by surprise but have not done an in depth investigation of them. They happened last winter. The house was cold, the battery maybe a little on the low side and I suspect that the power surge that happens when the fridge compressor comes on did the bad deed. Other than that the battery is humming along in a sufficient manner.

The SOK 24V 100Ah. But they actually sent me a Jakiper 24V 100Ah which looks pretty much the same from the outside. When I contacted them about it they wrote me back that this is an identical battery and they would warranty it just like one that says SOK on it. Let's hope that will never be necessary and see what will happen when it is. Over the first year of its use I had a few low voltage disconnects that caught me a little bit by surprise but have not done an in depth investigation of them. They happened last winter. The house was cold, the battery maybe a little on the low side and I suspect that the power surge that happens when the fridge compressor comes on did the bad deed. Other than that the battery is humming along in a sufficient manner.

I'd demand a SOK.

diy solar

diy solar
Back