diy solar

diy solar

Another Another new guy, building a home battery backup system.

Xepshunall

Wow, I just have 3 racks of 16 batteries each hooked to a pair of terminal block buses and those hooked to an AOI inverter with a midpoint transformer as the load and a couple three-way-split power cords running of the transformer to extension cords for each location. My 16 solar panels are ran in two strings with solar wires ending in copper ring lugs and paralleled at the lugs using small bolts. If I want to remove a string of panels, I unplug any one of its MC4 connectors. I can't believe what people can be tricked into buying.
No, really. If you have good cause to believe this is safer than my system, you're probably right. It's just me using mine and I don't want guests so anyone who messes with my system is probably trespassing anyway. My loads are nothing compared to what I can generate. All day, every day, I power a small, efficient fridge and a computer whose case is maybe 34 cubic inches if I'm being generous. My potential is about 33000 watts peak and my AIO and midpoint transformer use more than my actual loads.

if it works for you then great. I have a Wife and Daughters to take care of so while simple has its advantages, sometimes a little tech (not much) makes it better for them if I were to keel over tomorrow.

Back