diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with TEWAYCELL 280Ah cells?

MrSteve

Hi guys, I am looking to purchase (for now) 8 280ah cells.
A Dutch store I wanted to buy grade A new EVE cells from is out of stock at the moment, and it could take awile before the get new ones in.

So I did some looking around on Aliexpress.. and yes I know there are a lot bad sellers out there.

BLS seems trustworthy and ship from Germany so short shipping time but they seem pricy.

TEWAYCELL had decent prices and has a 5 star rating from over 500 reviews..
My problem with this rating is that I wonder how many people actually did a capacity test on these cells..?
I contacted them and asked for info about these cells.
They send me a email ( from Shenzhen Topway New Energy Co.,Ltd) with specs , certificate, test results and such. They assured me these are brand new A grade EVE 280Ah cells.

67FE66BB-620A-452C-A7DD-1BE45ABEEC77.jpeg11738E8A-997C-4237-818C-A34EC62EAE7A.jpeg

What do you guys think..
Any of you purchased from them via Aliexpress?

Would love to hear from you guys.

Thanks,
Steve.

Hi guys, I am looking to purchase (for now) 8 280ah cells.
A Dutch store I wanted to buy grade A new EVE cells from is out of stock at the moment, and it could take awile before the get new ones in.

So I did some looking around on Aliexpress.. and yes I know there are a lot bad sellers out there.

BLS seems trustworthy and ship from Germany so short shipping time but they seem pricy.

TEWAYCELL had decent prices and has a 5 star rating from over 500 reviews..
My problem with this rating is that I wonder how many people actually did a capacity test on these cells..?
I contacted them and asked for info about these cells.
They send me a email ( from Shenzhen Topway New Energy Co.,Ltd) with specs , certificate, test results and such. They assured me these are brand new A grade EVE 280Ah cells.

View attachment 72674View attachment 72675

What do you guys think..
Any of you purchased from them via Aliexpress?

Would love to hear from you guys.

Thanks,
Steve.
please stay away from aliexpress, it is a huge gamble at best.

Is There some Info about the seller in that tread..? Think I overlooked it.

you'd be better off ordering from @Jenny Wu or @Amy Wan (Luyuan) .
both ship to holland, and do so by train ( no shipping delays).

you might pay 15 euro a cell more, but you will actually get what you're paying for.

aliexpress are mostly used grade b or worse cells, if they dont simply rob you

search aliexpress here on the forum and you'll know why i am warning you

you'd be better off ordering from @Jenny Wu or @Amy Wan (Luyuan) .
both ship to holland, and do so by train ( no shipping delays).

you might pay 15 euro a cell more, but you will actually get what you're paying for.

aliexpress are mostly used grade b or worse cells, if they dont simply rob you

search aliexpress here on the forum and you'll know why i am warning you
Thanks for the advice.

L

I will let you know if/when mine show up. I'm about 2 months in. They supposedly got unloaded into the US, but no updates since then. Given the state of the port in LA, I have no expectations at this point.

I will let you know if/when mine show up. I'm about 2 months in. They supposedly got unloaded into the US, but no updates since then. Given the state of the port in LA, I have no expectations at this point.
You ordered from TEWAYCELL?
Hope they will arrive soon for you..
but like you said the supply chain has seen better days..
Thanks.

They have been good communicating with me so far, so I'll give them that. The tracking they use is different from what is on the order, since they are planning on handing off to FedEx once it ships out of the port. They sent me their own tracking screen shot of the fact they hit the US, and I didn't even ask for it.

That said, I ordered a 2nd set of 16 280ah cells from Docan Technology (mentioned above), to ship out of their US warehouse when they arrive. I needed two 48v batteries anyway. Was going to wait on the 2nd set, but it appears my 2nd purchase may arrive sooner than the 1st.

They have been good communicating with me so far, so I'll give them that. The tracking they use is different from what is on the order, since they are planning on handing off to FedEx once it ships out of the port. They sent me their own tracking screen shot of the fact they hit the US, and I didn't even ask for it.

That said, I ordered a 2nd set of 16 280ah cells from Docan Technology (mentioned above), to ship out of their US warehouse when they arrive. I needed two 48v batteries anyway. Was going to wait on the 2nd set, but it appears my 2nd purchase may arrive sooner than the 1st.
Any luck getting the batteries delivered to your door already?

@MrSteve

I arrived home today. All 16 of my cells look fantastic. These are the ones I purchased:

AliExpress Link to Tewaycell 280ah EVE cells

Biggest issue was shipping time. They sat in China for nearly 45 days before finally being put in a container to the US.

Ordered 9-18-21
Arrived 12-22-21

I'm just charging up the first one to do a capacity test. I'll let you know how it goes, but it will take a while.

I will say the bus bars they included are VERY beefy. About twice the width and thicker than the ones I got from Docan (lots of threads around about them).

Edit: Oh, and 13 of the 16 cells were exactly 3.299v. Other 3 were 3.290v, 3.294v, 3.300v

Last edited:
@Pete84

My Docan Technology EVE cells are all perfect. I have many of them charged and will top balance when I'm done. I'm not testing every one. I just picked a random one. It tested out at 287AH - well surpassing the 280ah rating. I have no doubt the others would give similar results.

I'm limited by my charging ability here. I'm just using a 10A desktop variable supply.

Last night, the 1st Tewaycell battery was charged and ready, and I put it onto the capacity tester. It's been 9 hours and I'm at 178ah so far. Currently at 3.25v. I'll let you know later today what it tested out at.

Tewaycell battery capacity test finished and the results are....

282.3ah

So, very happy with these cells. They are all brand new, Grade A, with EVE QR codes in tact.

Would I personally buy from them again...? Probably not due to the shipping time involved, but I would not hesitate to recommend the particular battery I received. All 16 of them were packaged well, and despite the shipping time, everything arrived in great condition.

If I had known about Docan and Amy before purchasing my first set from Tewaycell, I'm sure I would have chosen Docan at that time. I think moving forward I'll stick to Docan Technology and @Amy Zheng because of their great service and being able to ship out via China or US based warehouses. Last quote I got from Docan was $131.25/cell shipped out of China and $147/cell shipped out of Houston.

That compares with the current price on AliExpress for the cells I purchased from Tewaycell Battery Store which is $143.41/cell shipped out of China. At the time I bought them they were $132/cell.

Hopes this helps somebody out...

Last edited:
Thank for all the info @Struc I need to purchase some reliable cells for a home solar project and these look highly suitable. The Store page for Tewaycell on AliExpress looks legit, the have all the right info.

Here is the UK we don't seem to have the same local distributors for Chinese imports as you do in the States, so it's Ali or bust I suppose.

Tewaycell battery capacity test finished and the results are....

282.3ah

So, very happy with these cells. They are all brand new, Grade A, with EVE QR codes in tact.

Would I personally buy from them again...? Probably not due to the shipping time involved, but I would not hesitate to recommend the particular battery I received. All 16 of them were packaged well, and despite the shipping time, everything arrived in great condition.

If I had known about Docan and Amy before purchasing my first set from Tewaycell, I'm sure I would have chosen Docan at that time. I think moving forward I'll stick to Docan Technology and @Amy Zheng because of their great service and being able to ship out via China or US based warehouses. Last quote I got from Docan was $131.25/cell shipped out of China and $147/cell shipped out of Houston.

That compares with the current price on AliExpress for the cells I purchased from Tewaycell Battery Store which is $143.41/cell shipped out of China. At the time I bought them they were $132/cell.

Hopes this helps somebody out...
Thanks, That helps... I was looking for a review of the Tewaycell store and cells they deliver. I ordered the 240Ah on AliExpress and hope I have the same experience. I ordered from Holland and the delivery time should be medio apri. Let cross fingers

Thank for all the info @Struc I need to purchase some reliable cells for a home solar project and these look highly suitable. The Store page for Tewaycell on AliExpress looks legit, the have all the right info.

Here is the UK we don't seem to have the same local distributors for Chinese imports as you do in the States, so it's Ali or bust I suppose.
Please let me know how this goes, I am thinking of ordering as they say they pay all the cusomes and import tax to us in the UK, and I can't see how, but if it is true, that is one headache done away with.

Back