diy solar

diy solar

Any good 4th of July sales in 2023?

I have doubts about the rating for this from the actual wattage of the flexible solar panels to the units inverter specifications.

Solar panels need to be a certain size to deliver a particular amount of wattage. 200w panels would need to be close to a meter squared. Or aprox 5 ft by 2 ft. Hard to tell from pictures if they are close to that size and from the add the dimensions are not given.

Unless you really need a portable power supply I would reccomend that you buy and install regular solar panels, SCC (Solar charge controller), inverter charger or AIO (All in one) plus a battery bank sufficent to power the things you want to power.

I came across this Costco deal (?), for 400W of panels and a 2200W/4400W Surge generator.
$2700 for the package. Anything better out there, quality or price wise?

The recharge from empty time seems off, 4 hours to charge a 2400 Wh battery would need net of 600 Watts and solar never puts out 100% of rated, so that would raise a concern about all the other claims. The Solar Panels also claim "50% higher solar power conversion efficiency compared to traditional solar panels", which is just outright fraud. Mono is good, but more like 15% over Poly cells.

Also, runtime depends on load, if you have good full sun, you might make it through the night with just a single load, maybe not, you should measure with a Kill-a-watt meter to see what your actual load would be. 7 Days of backup would seem at best very optimistic with this package.

Rule of thumb is panel watts times 4 hours is daily harvest in clear sun conditions, so maybe 1600 Wh day charging.

Santan has free shipping on select items and some great pricing on used panels.

NAZ has 6% off on everything.

SS has a great price on a complete XW Pro bundle, but the coupon code for 6% off doesn't apply, it still beats NAZ...

18650 has the Envision 315ah in stock.

I might be shopping around a bit ?

I need more panels more than anything, have 15 Jinko 315w in my cart trying to find something better before I check out.

I'm looking for a Solar Generator that could run my refrigerator for a week or so.

I came across this Costco deal (?), for 400W of panels and a 2200W/4400W Surge generator.
$2700 for the package. Anything better out there, quality or price wise?

Geneverse Model 60-GVUS-SG2R12
Plus 400W's of panels.

I found and bought a 400w suitcase at wally:

400W Foldable Solar Panel Kit Portable Power Charger For Camping RV Generator​

$241.98

Back