diy solar

diy solar

Any LVD recommendation?

Jorge33165

Can someone pls suggest a Low Voltage disconnect protection for my LiFePO4 bat?
My inverter disconnects at 9.5V (too low for the battery) and has no remote control...
I can use the RoveLi load circuit or a custom circuit to control a relay or MOSFET but I'm wondering if someone can recommend a device that I can use out of the box...

Please provide your installation setup information. Not clear your method of approach. I think there are likely better ways to protect your batteries. Are you 100% offgrid?

A lifepo4 battery should be using a BMS. Which has a built-in LVD.

Please provide your installation setup information. Not clear your method of approach. I think there are likely better ways to protect your batteries. Are you 100% offgrid?
It is 100% off-grid.

I don't think there are better ways to accomplish this. The problem is simple. The inverter will continue until the battery is 9.5V. Of course, the battery BMS will trigger first around 10.5V or so... But it does not matter...
I would like to shut down the inverter before at 15% SOC or so.
My inverter does not have an external control. Then, I need to reverse-engineer the circuit and find a way to do this by cutting off their control circuit power or placing a relay or MOSFET in series between the battery and the inverter.

I can do this w/ a custom solution/design but I'm wondering if someone can recommend a device that I can use out-of-the-box and save my time.
Someone recommended the device below but see the limitation the vendor states.

1670369326947.png

Can you provide the info about your inveter? Does it have inverter on/off switch that you can get access to?
I use this battery protector module to control my inverter LVD, I have to open the inverter to get access to the inverter on/off switch terminals.
Low Batt Shutdown.jpg

Last edited:
Add more batteries is the first thing that comes to mind so you can make it back to charging with more than 15% SOC margin.

Here is this type of unit to consider, not sure about amp sizing: https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Protection-Undervoltage-Controller-Under-Voltage/dp/B07H4T3LS7
Only 20A... I can use the Rover Li load to control the voltage... The problem is the device that I need to connect in series between the battery and the inverter to manage 60A w/ 100A peak...

Can you provide the info about your inveter? Does it have inverter on/off switch that you can get access to?
No... I wouldn't be asking in that otherwise... It is a push button... I'm considering that too but I need to know when the inverter is on... A capacitor w/ an AND logic... I want it KISS...

Back