diy solar

diy solar

Any opinions on this panel? (Silfab)

I have 3 of the SIL-330 BL. I installed them on my cargo trailer about 2 weeks ago. I even got them at a local CED Greentech.

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test them yet. Mine are in series and mounted flat on the roof of the trailer. The trailer is parked between my garage and the neighbor's. There is a telephone pole right next to my trailer and power lines running nearby so I get some shading from the pole part of the morning and slight shade from some of the power lines all through the day. The panels are already covered in dust. And it's been fairly hazy with the smoke in the air. Despite all of that, I've seen over 700W for a few hours when my batteries were low enough to take it. I easily see 500W much of the day while my A/C is running in the trailer.

I should be moving the trailer in about a week so hopefully I can test them better without any shading on them.

These are the only solar panels I've ever owned so I can't make any comparisons to other panels.

Thanks. It's been a barrier for me, which panels or more so the brand to get. I know I don't have to buy "top of the line" stuff to get decent panels.

Back