diy solar

diy solar

Anyone Have the Bluetti EB200?

walkingonsunshine

Does anyone who has the Bluetti EB200 have any comments to share? What influenced you to buy this model over another? What do you like and dislike about it? Anything surprise you about it in how it does operate something you really were not sure it would for any real amount of time? There is very little out there on it except 3 videos by sellers and a couple questions. What kind of solar panels do you use, if at all?

I just ordered one. I liked the reviews, capabilities, upgrades. Bluetti did a special run of these in 2021. Different specs, depending on vendor licensing maybe?

The one I ordered has a 500amp charger, 2048 AH/2,200/4,800 surge, 100w usb-c, can charge with a single 18v panel. 900w.

Some others have 60w usb-c and 400w charger. I bought mine at shop solar kits.

Did you buy one yet?

I just ordered one. I liked the reviews, capabilities, upgrades. Bluetti did a special run of these in 2021. Different specs, depending on vendor licensing maybe?

The one I ordered has a 500amp charger, 2048 AH/2,200/4,800 surge, 100w usb-c, can charge with a single 18v panel. 900w.

Some others have 60w usb-c and 400w charger. I bought mine at shop solar kits.

Did you buy one yet?
Yes, I bought mine about a month ago from shop solar kits dot com along with a Rich 200 watt 9bb panel and external tin cords. This was before I saw the kit with two of the 200 watt panels. I already own some other panels purchased last year. How do you plan to use yours? Backup emergency power, van or rv full time? I need to start using mine to see what it can do. Mine, along with my 1st generation original Eco flow Delta will primarily be for hurricane season (N. Florida) and other outages. We are in the country, so not a priority for getting our power back on for utility company.

I bought mine from shop solar kits for com. They have a great price, free shipping, no sales tax and lifetime support. The latter we will have to see. A lifetime is a long time. I would totally recommend the kit that has two of the 200 watt Rich solar panels. As a middle aged woman, I find them light enough to move around on my own. I plan on getting four total of the panels. Probably going to purchase another EB200 next year as well. Rule to live by when it comes to these types of things: TWO IS ONE, ONE IS NONE. A backup is your friend. Or you could get a duel fuel generator along with the Bluetti Eb200. The point is the same, have a backup.

Last edited:
Wow our goals are similar. I purchased 1 Rich 200w last year along with lifepo4 12v batteries. I am modding a small cargo trailer, but decided the EB200 with 2 more 200 watt panels, the kit was perfect for my needs. I never bought an inverter for the trailer, so the EB should fill that hole for now. I plan to get one more Rich 200w, for 800 total. I also got kick stands for the panels. They are a nice size to store and carry. If I decide to put them on the camper roof, they will be an easy fit. I'm so glad you posted, because info was slim pickens for me too. I can't wait to get it.

More info on the EB200. It's pretty much an AC200max without Bluetooth. Upgraded software for lfp's.

Wow our goals are similar. I purchased 1 Rich 200w last year along with lifepo4 12v batteries. I am modding a small cargo trailer, but decided the EB200 with 2 more 200 watt panels, the kit was perfect for my needs. I never bought an inverter for the trailer, so the EB should fill that hole for now. I plan to get one more Rich 200w, for 800 total. I also got kick stands for the panels. They are a nice size to store and carry. If I decide to put them on the camper roof, they will be an easy fit. I'm so glad you posted, because info was slim pickens for me too. I can't wait to get it.
I meant to also add that having a duel fuel inverter type (quiet) generator is a great thing to add if you can afford to. That way when there is not a lot of sun for a couple days, you can rely on that. It can also be used to charge up the EB200. That way, you can save on gas or propane and make it last a long time. We bought a kit to make our small and quiet Honda accept and run on propane. That you can store a lot longer than gas, even with the stabilizer in it.

Yes, the EB200 looks a lot like the AC200P minus the the bluetooth and a better layout. Then there is the longer lasting lifepo4 battery. Keep in touch here on what you have learned about real use. I will do the same.

Yes I am considering a dual fuel gen. I am more worried about the lifting weight of every component. I need to make some carts.

I will let you know when I get it. I'll run it down out of the box and then wall charge it to get it it to balance everything. Then do another test. Can't wait to see how it does with solar. I have a victron 100/20 for the trailer. Still not installed ?

Hey I got mine and the specs are way off. Contacted SSK to see what's up with that. These EB's are thrown together in different configs I think.

If you got the 2048wh one, with 100 amp usb-c, you got the right one. I found a good teardown link of that one today. I'll find the link.

These are pics from what I got.

Attachments

• IMG_20220514_025028887.jpg
    IMG_20220514_025028887.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220514_035832000.jpg
    IMG_20220514_035832000.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 25
Here you go. All the geek stuff you may need when it's out of wtty :)
Thanks for the link with the geek stuff. I need to drag mine out and look closer at it. Honestly, all I have done was turn it on to see how much it was charged from factory, scroll thru screen menus then hook up panels to it. Husband and I just did a small test of running pedestal fan while charging up to full from 2 panels. My next experiment will be running small mini split HVAC and 4 led lights in my storm shelter aka 20 foot office container. Guy who sold me the container tried to sell me a solar panels kit too. I passed. Have you tried charging with panels? How did it go? Did you run anything to see how long it would last like fridge and/or chest freezer?

No, I haven't hooked it up to panels. It was 55% charged, so I ran a 200w HEPA filter, charged my phone, and ran an 1875w hair dryer intermittently (too hot to run it lol) and drained it to 18%. I have no interest in using it, because it's going to have to go back ? The only thing in the box that was correct, is the 500w wall charger and port accessories.

No, I haven't hooked it up to panels. It was 55% charged, so I ran a 200w HEPA filter, charged my phone, and ran an 1875w hair dryer intermittently (too hot to run it lol) and drained it to 18%. I have no interest in using it, because it's going to have to go back ? The only thing in the box that was correct, is the 500w wall charger and port accessories.
Please keep me informed how Bluetti responds to you returning it. I was going to test mine today, but we had a pretty good storm with a lot of lightening. The good news is we got over 2 inches of much needed rain. It will be nice to see bright green grass again.

Bluetti didn't ship it, shop solar kits did. The *only* EB200 they sell is the one they sent me. Photos and specs on the product page showed the *EB200P*, which they do not have. By the specs of one they sent me, it looks like one of the early units they made when they switched to Lifepo4. Only 2000wh/2000/2500 surge.

I started the return immediately. It was very frustrating, because I am a disabled senior with little strength. I'm thinking, how dare they put this shit on me? They weren't very remorseful about advertising the wrong product. Took half the conversation to SHOW them the ad is not correct, after continually claiming I was wrong. That became charge back time for me if they didn't fix it.

The earlier lifepo4 switch by bluetti had multiple problems, from the section with the batteries being sketchy hardware, to limited software to optimize them. No thank you ??

They are supposed to send me the AC200max as the replacement (which I gave my CC for) and refund the EB200 when they receive it.

They said they will correct the ad. I will hold them to it.

Bluetti didn't ship it, shop solar kits did. The *only* EB200 they sell is the one they sent me. Photos and specs on the product page showed the *EB200P*, which they do not have. By the specs of one they sent me, it looks like one of the early units they made when they switched to Lifepo4. Only 2000wh/2000/2500 surge.

I started the return immediately. It was very frustrating, because I am a disabled senior with little strength. I'm thinking, how dare they put this shit on me? They weren't very remorseful about advertising the wrong product. Took half the conversation to SHOW them the ad is not correct, after continually claiming I was wrong. That became charge back time for me if they didn't fix it.

The earlier lifepo4 switch by bluetti had multiple problems, from the section with the batteries being sketchy hardware, to limited software to optimize them. No thank you ??

They are supposed to send me the AC200max as the replacement (which I gave my CC for) and refund the EB200 when they receive it.

They said they will correct the ad. I will hold them to it.
I wonder how they will handle the problem if you have problem with the AC200max. Are they Bluetti authorized dealer?

Yes they are authorized. I e bought from them before without a problem. Very nice ppl. This was a huge mistake on their part.

Do you have the EB200 2048/2200/4,800 Surge one? It's basically an Ac200max. The max has ports I would never use. I liked the EB200 for my needs. The max should be ok. If all goes well and I get it ?

Back