diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have first hand knowledge about the 3 Solar Generators that have made my list?

Tony S

I have 3 brands that I'm looking at to find one unit that will do most if not everything I want/need.

SPACE is an Issue - when I'm on the road. (It's why I would prefer to not have to use an extended battery - if I don't have to.)
Power Back up for home or at least the wife's CPAP machine at night. (Something that I can add to over time.)
Power for working around the farm - where there is no electricity, during the day.

Not in any order:

Bluetti - AC200 MAX (without an extended battery)
EcoFlow - DELTA 2 Max (Concerns about: locations of the ports and the fans, along with size - ONLY when used in my rig.)
Jackery - Explorer 2000 Pro (Not too sure of their track record. vs the others above.)
MAYBE the Jackery - NEW Explorer 3000 Pro (It's a little pricey, concerned if it will fit and I need to find more information about it.)

Thank you,

Last edited:
I have the Jackery 2000 Pro. Robust unit, though Jackery remain loyal to Lithium NMC chemistry cells. Solar setup can be cumbersome. I have a review with pros and cons of the unit (see below). I'm on no position to comment on the EcoFlow Delta 2 Max or Bluetti AC200 MAX as I have no experience with either of them.

How much power will you need available?
What will need to run?

How portable does it need to be?

I am partial to the units that use LiFePO4 tech.
Far more robust and longer charge life.

How much power will you need available?
What will need to run?

How portable does it need to be?

I am partial to the units that use LiFePO4 tech.
Far more robust and longer charge life.
In a prefect world I could have a system that would run the entire house while not costing too much or taking up too much space. A system that I can build over time and even take a small part of it with me when I'm on the road. That way I don't have to buy different units. Currently, I'm looking at a minimum of 2,000Wh in a single unit with an invertor and battery. However, to be able to fit it under my bed in my sleeper box is a MUST.

I built this truck and I sleep in it when I'm away from home. I want to run a TV, Fan, Cell Phone & Screenbeam Mini, Refrigerator Freezer Cooler and on cold nights, when I'm sleeping, I also want to run my small diesel heater. When I'm home I want to use it as a backup for my wife's CPAP and during the day for power to work around the farm where there is no electricity. Due to space restrictions in my sleeper box, I hope to not have to have an extension battery - If I don't have to.

Attachments

• Front and Back-M.jpg
    Front and Back-M.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 14
That’s an interesting vehicle.
2kWh is fairly simple, should handle those loads easily. Most mini fridges consume about 1.5kWh per day, so while driving, you would need to be charging. I don’t see room for solar on your rig.
Not too sure about something that would integrate into a home backup system though…

I don't have any of these exact models, but I do have the Ecoflow Delta Pro. It has been good for me and it is utilized 100% charge almost every day as it charges from solar and runs emergency circuits in my house. As Supervstech mentions. I would highly look for one with a LifePo4 battery due to the duration of their life and more forgiving characteristics.

That’s an interesting vehicle.
2kWh is fairly simple, should handle those loads easily. Most mini fridges consume about 1.5kWh per day, so while driving, you would need to be charging. I don’t see room for solar on your rig.
Not too sure about something that would integrate into a home backup system though…
I've found flexible 200W solar panels that have very strong adhesive on them and I can fix at least one, maybe two, to the roof of the sleeper box. It's better than nothing. My rig, being a former ambulance, happens to have a second alternator and I plan to set it up to charge the Solar Generator I decided to go with.

lQDPJxapq01oOhXNBkDNBkCwTZXn1nK9mhkDFw1f_wAvAA_1600_1600.jpg_720x720q90g_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any of these exact models, but I do have the Ecoflow Delta Pro. It has been good for me and it is utilized 100% charge almost every day as it charges from solar and runs emergency circuits in my house. As Supervstech mentions. I would highly look for one with a LifePo4 battery due to the duration of their life and more forgiving characteristics.
My preference is to go with the LifePO4. As for the Ecoflow Delta Pro, it would be a nice unit for the house setup. However, it is too big and heavy to be taking in and out of the sleeper box.

I've decided to go with the Bluetti - AC200 MAX (without an extended battery), for my rig setup and to use around the farm where there is no electricity.
When I purchase it is another story. Grin & lol I hope to be able to get it before my next road trip.
(In the last two weeks I had front brakes, repack front bearings, along with rear bakes, new rear wheel cylinders and axle seals done on the G3500 Project = $$. I also purchased a new 60" pull behind mower = more $$$ and I would like to get a large wood chipper and Flail mower for the tractor, if at all possible.) I wish money did grow on trees. We have a lot of them here. LOL

The Bluetti has a very LOUD and EXTERNAL AC charing brick that was a deal breaker for me. The terrible customer service doesn't help. I would choose the Delta 2 MAX or Anker 767.

The Bluetti has a very LOUD and EXTERNAL AC charing brick that was a deal breaker for me. The terrible customer service doesn't help. I would choose the Delta 2 MAX or Anker 767.
I actually like the decision to keep the ac charging outside the unit. Makes the system more portable, so you don’t have to lug around the ac charging hardware if you are solar, or just wanting the portable battery.

I actually like the decision to keep the ac charging outside the unit. Makes the system more portable, so you don’t have to lug around the ac charging hardware if you are solar, or just wanting the portable battery.

Anker 767 wins the portability challenge with its excellent handle, rugged wheels, and built in high speed AC charging.

And, often, ac charging is simply running the inverter in reverse, so no additional weight is incurred.

Back