diy solar

diy solar

Alternative to Bluetti after horrific experience? (Ireland/EU)

In case of WW3 you get many other problems as energy from a battery ?
Yep lol you are spot on but I have as many of the other avenues covered as I can. Food, water, medical supplies etc. Having energy can make a life or death difference and also lessens cyber shock on those who suddenly no longer have access to the amenities they have always known.

Still it can all be gone in a moment and likely will be but for the family I have to try my best to cover them as I go fight. 1% chance for them is better than 0%.

I'm still thinking to myself its a mistake but the offer was for the AC200 Max for €1300 incl VAT and I need something ASAP...
Similar situation. The USA was warned of possible rolling blackouts prior to the summer of '22. My research into the packaged units presented me with a bunch of unfamiliar names and competing claims of usefulness and quality. In the end, I chose the Bluetti EB200 offered by MillerTech (I considered US based support to be a plus). Now, overall, I believe I made a poor brand choice. I've had no issues with the unit but my faith in it is not strong.

Reactions: TBP
Similar situation. The USA was warned of possible rolling blackouts prior to the summer of '22. My research into the packaged units presented me with a bunch of unfamiliar names and competing claims of usefulness and quality. In the end, I chose the Bluetti EB200 offered by MillerTech (I considered US based support to be a plus). Now, overall, I believe I made a poor brand choice. I've had no issues with the unit but my faith in it is not strong.
100%. Our security structures here in Ireland are basically non-existent so if a foreign State wanted to take the grid down it will happen.

Competition in the PV market is of course far better than monopoly but for newbies like myself its daunting. It doesn't help that the vast majority of 'reviews' are paid for influencers. One guy on Youtube did a video shouting "Go Bluetti, yeah" while wearing a Bluetti cap. No disclosure of his paid for influencer status or whether he was gifted items by Bluetti. As for customer service well please see above :(

Just running down the AC200 Max 100%-0% and back to 100% for the 1st time. With a 55w static load from an older style LED light bulb I only got 1.100wh over 20.3 hours from the supposed 2,048wh of the AC200Max. Obviously I have to take into account AC inverter losses over that long timeframe but on 1st impressions its not looking good. Will be trying again with a higher load to see if the Also potential issues with one of the fans with what sounds like bearing noise at low speed.

Edit: Update on AC efficiency testing. Using 750w load (water distiller) AC200 Max lasted 2hrs 23mins with 1.76kwh of rated 2.048kwh or 85.9%. In spec for this model.

Last edited:
Back