diy solar

diy solar

Anyone using the Daly Smart Active Balancer?

bjpirt

I have a few different battery setups I want to balance: 6s Li-Ion, 12s Li-Ion, 16s LiFePo4. I'm currently playing around with a few setups on the bench and I want to buy an active balancer to make sure they all stay in good balanced order.

I was looking at the Daly Smart Active Balancer which says it supports up to 24s, but when I asked the Daly store on Aliexpress if I could use the same balancer for different setups they suggested I buy 3 :)

I just wanted to check with someone else who has this whether it is configurable or not - seems weird that a "smart" balancer would not be reconfigurable.

Any other recommendations for balancers much appreciated too!

Thanks

I suspect the Daly might be able to be used with different string configurations and voltages but as the manufacturer says not, I'll give it a miss I think.

Looks like this JK active balancer or this NEEY active balancer do support a wide range of string sizes, though if the overall string voltage is below ~30V you need to use a boost converter to power it. Now the question is which one to buy...

You can use it to balance multiple different stings. Just connect the last lead to the last cell. For example 16s balancer, for 10s, connect the 11th wire to the last cell and the 17th wire to the last cell. Then go into app and change strings. My question is what the extra communication is for. The rs485 pin out 2 extra pins. I don’t think it’s canbus but i2c. Wondering if anyone knows.

You can use it to balance multiple different stings. Just connect the last lead to the last cell. For example 16s balancer, for 10s, connect the 11th wire to the last cell and the 17th wire to the last cell. Then go into app and change strings. My question is what the extra communication is for. The rs485 pin out 2 extra pins. I don’t think it’s canbus but i2c. Wondering if anyone knows.
Are you talking about the Neey 4A? I have 2-- 6S lithium ion batteries, connected in series. So 12S @48volt. Leo told me I needed 2 balancers.1 FLfor each battery. I wondered about that. So are you saying connect the black to neg, as usual for balancers 1-6 wires to the next 6 wires, then 7-12 wires but then take the 24th wire and also add it to the 12th, not counting the first black wire. I can cross over the series connections, I have the Neey 3-24S.

Back