diy solar

diy solar

Aolithium 48 volt 100ah cannot communicate with lvx 6048

Aak

Hello I just bought a new battery a aolithium and cannot get it to communicate with my lvx6048 inverter a made a cable to match pins with inverter and battery still not working any one has solved this issue? could you please lend a hand. Thanks

Do you know what protocol the inverter is expecting? I assume it is pylontech RS485?

The AOLITHIUM pack will need to be set to the same protocol using a sequence of the last 2 dip switchs on the front. Can pick from Pylon CAN or Pylon 485 that way.

Hello I just bought a new battery a aolithium and cannot get it to communicate with my lvx6048 inverter a made a cable to match pins with inverter and battery still not working any one has solved this issue? could you please lend a hand. Thanks
Off-topic slightly, what harness/cable are you using to connect your battery to the inverter for power? Did the battery come with a cable for this purpose?

Off-topic slightly, what harness/cable are you using to connect your battery to the inverter for power? Did the battery come with a cable for this purpose?
Hi the cable that came with the battery was a regular cable to use from one battery to another emailed Them the have no idea what I am talking about i wired a cable still don't work for my inverter it's pins 3 and 5 and on the battery side it's 1 and 2 this is for 485 a-b communication good luck I think there maby a issue with the card on my inverter bought a missfit. It is possible that you got the correct cable note it is wired different on each end. I would think in your inverter manual it will tell you what pins are can or rs485 .

I finally found out how to get the AOLithium Server Rack battery to communicate with Voltronic inverters over RS485.

You need to flip only the first DIP switch on and leave the others off then set the inverter battery type to LI-b instead of PYL.

The kicker is that the BMS will only read the data from 1 battery.. Data from any slave packs are not included in the RS485 data stream.. This only worth with the CAN output which explains why Luxpower and others have no problem.

And as mentioned above make sure you have a network cable made up with the proper pinouts. I don't know why they included a communication cable with the battery when there is no PC monitoring software available.

Back