diy solar

diy solar

Apexium 280ah Enclosures

dmkjr

Solar Enthusiast
After three months, I’ve received my order. Will update here to show the progression.

-(6) Apexium 280ah enclosures
-(96) Grade A 280ah Eve cells
-active balancing added

(working on pictures, have to resize them all for the forum)

IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1621.jpeg
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1642.jpeg

Last edited:
The bms PCB is something I’ve not seen before... beats all the wire spaghetti creeping around... I’d imagine it’s cheap to manufacture..mind you everything is in China.. Good timing... Red Sea looks like it’s being avoided by China now... nightmare for shipping..?

After three months, I’ve received my order. Will update here to show the progression.

-(6) Apexium 280ah enclosures
-(96) Grade A 280ah Eve cells
-active balancing added

(working on pictures, have to resize them all for the forum)

View attachment 184741
View attachment 184742
View attachment 184743
View attachment 184744
View attachment 184745
View attachment 184746

View attachment 184747

Wow everyone is building these monster installs! I need to step up I just started on an eel v3! Nice thread!

BTW did you get a test report from APeximum on your cells?

Thanks

Pics added. One battery down. Took 14 hours to charge with a 15a 48v Charger.
Temp sensors should be connected to the terminal, as it also does resistance sensing.
Also make you torque the nuts to 4-5 nm

Otherwise, nicely done

The bms PCB is something I’ve not seen before... beats all the wire spaghetti creeping around... I’d imagine it’s cheap to manufacture..mind you everything is in China.. Good timing... Red Sea looks like it’s being avoided by China now... nightmare for shipping..?
All seplos boxes have these now :)

Go hard or go home, love it.

By the way I bought and tried a couple of different boxes and did not really like them at all, I should endeavor to do a write-up with pictures at some point in time soon.

Temp sensors should be connected to the terminal, as it also does resistance sensing.
Also make you torque the nuts to 4-5 nm

Otherwise, nicely done
The picture was taken before it was completed. The temperature sensors are installed. And also it was torqued correctly. as correct as my Chinese torque wrenches, is anyway.

IMG_1679.jpeg
Have 5 of them built. Don’t mind my rigged up charging from my golf carts lithium charger. It’s the fastest thing I have other than my 6000xp’s which are in service.

IMG_1677.jpeg

There has definitely been some quality issues with the Apexium kits. Things that just don’t make sense. Spot something wrong here?

IMG_1674.jpeg

Go hard or go home, love it.

By the way I bought and tried a couple of different boxes and did not really like them at all, I should endeavor to do a write-up with pictures at some point in time soon.
What did you not like? I have 3 Seplos cases and love them

Did they paint the terminals?
Look at the mounting bracket on the ends of the management board PCB. It’s completely not there.

Random things like this. One case was missing the foot rest on the top plate to stack them. Still stacked fine but doesn’t keep it dust tight now.

What did you not like? I have 3 Seplos cases and love them
Not that I don’t like them. Love them actually. Just their QC could use a hand.

I also ordered active balancing. It was $50 extra per box but yet doesn’t appear this does active balancing.

Waiting on the rep, Jenny, to get back with me.

Not that I don’t like them. Love them actually. Just their QC could use a hand.

I also ordered active balancing. It was $50 extra per box but yet doesn’t appear this does active balancing.

Waiting on the rep, Jenny, to get back with me.
I was wondering about @Quattrohead and his opinion on a couple different ones.

The Seplos V3 BMS does active balancing internally. See Andy at Off-Grid-Garage's recent videos about it. They are the same as the Apexium cases.

Back