diy solar

diy solar

Apexium 280ah Enclosures

View attachment 185091

There has definitely been some quality issues with the Apexium kits. Things that just don’t make sense. Spot something wrong here?

View attachment 185092
Oops, that left side, apparently someone forgot to weld on the pcb screw studs that the BMS wires come from. :/ I had absolutely 0 quality issues with my Apexium build but I only bought one. I do have more info to share after dealing with a whole bunch of guessing games and working with their engineer all night last night. It wasn't anything to do with the build, just the BMS to Inverterter communication issue I had from Apexium to my SRNE Hybrid inverters. I need to make a post detailing the left off steps that should have been in the manual.

Here's the post: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/apexium-bms-app.74711/post-960626

Last edited:
Not that I don’t like them. Love them actually. Just their QC could use a hand.

I also ordered active balancing. It was $50 extra per box but yet doesn’t appear this does active balancing.

Waiting on the rep, Jenny, to get back with me.
She's fantastic. Super happy to hear you ordered from her. I assume you used her gmail account to contact and order from her at Docan?

View attachment 185216
I did order one of these to test out. Any idea on quality?
I tried for the life of me to find anyone on here or somewhere that tried out this new 100balance product. I got the non-smart version and highly recommend avoiding the non-smart version after what I experienced with the dumb one. In truth after working with support I finally gave up and sent it back, because they kept telling me I just needed to leave it to run longer (I literally gave it weeks, and eventually even helped it by single cell charging the other cells to help it balance. It honestly sucked. I could see it was trickling slowly, with a clamp on ammeter I'd only see in the neighborhood of a sum of a of ~.62A flowing across all leads (only once did i catch it over 1A) with a .160 deviation across my pack. I trusted Andy's and others review on the Neey better as it works like it's supposed to and is configurable. Long story short, It never came close to delivering 5A not even collectively over all leads. Glad I sent it back to Amazon.

Full disclosure, even the Neey wasn't able to fully keep up with 2 (of my 8s) 272AH Lishen cells that were higher resistance (I'll call premature degradation) from my first build several years ago. The two bummer cells will not 'hold' a charge as they dissipate faster than the Neey can keep up, but it does a stellar job trying, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231017_085946_Clock.jpg
    Screenshot_20231017_085946_Clock.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231018_085410.jpg
    20231018_085410.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231016_221148.jpg
    20231016_221148.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231016_145216.jpg
    20231016_145216.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231016_145223.jpg
    20231016_145223.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231016_145241.jpg
    20231016_145241.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231016_145404.jpg
    20231016_145404.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I ordered the XR-01 Energy Storage System from Jason Yang at Shenzhen Mifan Technology Co., Ltd. He used to be a member on here but got booted off in the great vendor clear-out.
The battery box is well made and was complete with everything required, I ordered 1 with wheels and the other with regular feet to sit on top of the wheeled version.
Overall I liked it but there is one negative against it compared to the EEL or Seplos case ....the balance PCB's. The problem is they are a fixed distance with a delicate connection system to the BMS.
For 1 of mine, I was transplanting some quite swollen Eve cells from Docan (they arrived like that last year) and I had to adjust every gap to make the balance PCB fit, then it is held in place by the tiny screws that go into the bus bar below it. Weird setup.
Also, the provided bus bars for the cells and BMS are all solid, not flexible copper.
This did make putting the front panel on a nerve wracking job as you have to very delicately push the front panel up to the cells and hope you don't short anything.
Shipping and communications were good and I feel the price was reasonable. Here is the link to the unit.

Well I must say I’m impressed. Jenny saw my
Issues on here with some of the quality issues and has emailed me. She is sending out a few of the replacement parts to get the kits squared away.

I’m been extremely impressed with the process. The ordering was a little finicky, but I would recommend Docan for sure.

Well I must say I’m impressed. Jenny saw my
Issues on here with some of the quality issues and has emailed me. She is sending out a few of the replacement parts to get the kits squared away.

I’m been extremely impressed with the process. The ordering was a little finicky, but I would recommend Docan for sure.
Yes, the real Jenny Wu (Docan) is a hard working and honest person who is interested in growing her business with integrity and serving her customers. She's been wonderful to work with on my recent project as well. She can't always beat bottom dollar sellers but her service makes up for it. She's also been great at taking product suggestions and feedback to the mfg.

Back