diy solar

diy solar

Apexium or EEL?

The Apexium battery terminals didn't allow me to use the 4/0 (0000) battery cable I had built. I may be able to swap out a positive and negative terminal with the EEL style.

Does the BMS support pre charge of capacitors? Is there a way I could test it?

I have looked at the vertical EEL boxes many times.. Did you get them from in the states or did you have it shipped from China? It's a nice looking model..

I haven't pulled the trigger yet..

1718048275115.png

I will never buy cells from EEL ever again. But i might buy more cases though. Let us know your experience later.

I will never buy cells from EEL ever again. But i might buy more cases though. Let us know your experience later.
I didn't do it. It seems it is cheaper for me to buy a rack battery in the usa than try to build one now.

I was still looking for a DIY battery project with a vertical enclosure on wheels and the JK Inverter Active BMS. Outdoor Garage has some physical issues with the Global one. Hard to beet the price for a ready to ship rack battery.

I was still looking Global too with a vertical enclosure on wheels and the JK Inverter Active BMS. Outdoor Garage has some physical issues with the Global one.
I have a response from:
lila@gobelpower.com
Sun, Jun 16, 11:21 PM

Hello Robert,

Glad to hear from you.

Regarding Andy's video where the holes in the case don't line up, we've corrected it and sent Andy the revised case. This is a video of the JK BMS version of the casing received by one of our customers, please check out the video he took (please note that the cells in the video are not from our company) https://youtu.be/ZXyF4kV7jAA?si=go4Ln3JDGcx4lYgb

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Global GP-SR1-PC200A
$1,997.00​
Discount
-$39.94​
DDP shipping cost
$620.00​
Subtotal
$2,577.06​
4.4% extra PayPal/Credit Card charge
$113.39​
Total:
$2,690.45
No tax?

Last edited:
Beware of these boxes they come with faulty connectors and one caught fire on an installation I did. I asked for support from Apexium and Jenny and they ignored me and did nothing at all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 5
Beware of these boxes they come with faulty connectors and one caught fire on an installation I did. I asked for support from Apexium and Jenny and they ignored me and did nothing at all.
looks like you either had a bad connector, or it wasnt fully plugged it, causing resistance, which translates to heat

I wanted to take apart 4 eco-worthy batteries with 105ah cells and put in a box with a JK BMS. Might end up with the milk crate unless somebody has a good idea for 16C 100ah 48V

diy solar

diy solar
Back