diy solar

diy solar

Are these Panels any good?

A few months ago I purchased some of these same panels used from a local vendor, with local pickup only. They turned out to be the best performing panels I've ever seen, with them putting out 94% of their rated wattage at 4pm (westward facing array). I paid only 59$ for mine, but 75$ is still a good deal.
What I would do is bring a volt/amp meter with me, and test each and every panel before loading it on your vehicle. That's what I did for my purchases (five now). If the Voc and Isc look good, then I think you will have no problem.

I have a Renogy Rover 60 Amp 12V/24V/36V/48V MPPT Solar Controller and am unclear whether they will work with this controller. From what I can tell it only works with those specific volts.

The voltages listed are nominal battery system voltages i.e. the unit will charge 12V/24V...etc batteries. In terms of the PV side, the Renogy Rover 60A supports up to 150V so you could connect up to three of these panels in series (Voc = 37.8V x 3 panels = 113.4V), and up to 800W for 12V battery systems, 1,600W for 24V battery systems and 3,200W for 48V battery systems according to here.

REC Solar is a tier one manufacturer; made in Singapore; I visited their factory; excellent quality and process control.

Are these Panels any good? They are an hour drive from me

Thanks all
I bought four of these Ebay panels from a location in Santa Paula, CA. Local pick-up. A little more than an hour one-way. No shipping. $65 each plus tax. Santa Paula is in Ventura County. MFG date 2017. The seller says they have a location in Texas. $65 each plus tax. He indicated he was getting another shipment of 700 panels from Texas. Tested the panels individually and the most I could pull was 210w in full sun but I don't think I had them at the optimal angle and the panels were dirty. Thinking about getting a few more if I can find space in my yard to mount them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324575042510?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Dumb question as I'm quite new to all this. I also am looking at some REC260PE Z-LINK panels I found online for 65 each used. Are the connectors MC4? I'm guessing most panels are, but I never see where it is denoted on the sticker. Thank you in advance

Back