diy solar

diy solar

Are we going to eat ze bugs?

aenyc

Solar Wizard
Relevant to a lot of the recent "accidents" at food processing plants and general supply chain.

I only like the chocolate covered ones ..... but seriously .... it is kinda scary how the food supply seems to be under attack .... and it very well could be another attempt to leverage us into doing what they want.
Highly processed foods use to be bad .... now, that is what they are trying to push.

Give it 12 months and we will know for sure. ;)

Ppl that don’t study history will repeat it was an old saying for a reason. Not conspiracy but fact. Starvation is a favorite killing tool of communist .
3 days no water usually die
25-30 days no food usually die weaker by day from day 1 til death. Short time to react.

Attachments

• 4556C48D-3EEA-4E40-ACAC-6690B04A432B.jpeg
    4556C48D-3EEA-4E40-ACAC-6690B04A432B.jpeg
    951.6 KB · Views: 1
Screenshot_20230308-183830.jpgScreenshot_20230308-183957.jpg
Good thing we are in control of our energy and our food.
Digital currency... Bring back bartering...

Really thinking I'm going to upscale my system drastically, buy a lot more grow lights and get back to hydro veggies... Nothing like fresh picked produce in the dead of winter.
With our own energy systems we can create our own micro climates.

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_181433.jpg
    IMG_20210122_181433.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200510_193716.jpg
    IMG_20200510_193716.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200525_080852.jpg
    IMG_20200525_080852.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 138746View attachment 138747
Good thing we are in control of our energy and our food.
Digital currency... Bring back bartering...

Really thinking I'm going to upscale my system drastically, buy a lot more grow lights and get back to hydro veggies... Nothing like fresh picked produce in the dead of winter.
With our own energy systems we can create our own micro climates.
Get a license to grow pot… hahahhaa the dope smokers will line up. ‘’ he who has the doobie double tokes aka bogarts.“

old saying “he who has most toys wins at the end.“ never seen to many ppl take everything with them. Some have tried. 1 guy wanted to be buried with his money ….. I walked up to pay my respects took his cash from the casket and quickly wrote him a check to replace it. ??

Get a license to grow pot… hahahhaa the dope smokers will line up. ‘’ he who has the doobie double tokes aka bogarts.“

old saying “he who has most toys wins at the end.“ never seen to many ppl take everything with them. Some have tried. 1 guy wanted to be buried with his money ….. I walked up to pay my respects took his cash from the casket and quickly wrote him a check to replace it. ??
Ehhh I don't want to be on another list.... I'm happy ordering my cbd from tweedle farms, degenerative disk disease sucks. Besides to much of that thc will make a wise man crazy (a big reason there is so much push for decriminalization, in my opinion). Today's pot is way to potent, makes you dumb, the good stuff is being grown out... That's a whole separate thread.

I've been stocking up on veggie seeds and have been expanding my outdoor garden every year but all this shit being put into the air makes me wonder how healthy outdoor food will end up being in a few years. My opinion, the indoor hydro has way more flavor than outdoor soil.
Look into worm tea for nature's fertilizer...

Ehhh I don't want to be on another list.... I'm happy ordering my cbd from tweedle farms, degenerative disk disease sucks. Besides to much of that thc will make a wise man crazy (a big reason there is so much push for decriminalization, in my opinion). Today's pot is way to potent, makes you dumb, the good stuff is being grown out... That's a whole separate thread.

I've been stocking up on veggie seeds and have been expanding my outdoor garden every year but all this shit being put into the air makes me wonder how healthy outdoor food will end up being in a few years. My opinion, the indoor hydro has way more flavor than outdoor soil.
Look into worm tea for nature's fertilizer...
I feel your pain entire spine and knees ….. was rough on myself in the early years…. War is hell.

you are a smart man to find seeds and such they are not altered. Why would not take their final vaccine. Was a human lab rat to many shots by uncle sammy. No more.

I tried for years to maintain a soldiers mentality about politics of not picking sides…. Even when got out…. I did not stand on a border looking into communist east germany and think that crap would be here someday in the open. It has always been here since 1920’s. - communism.

what no one has shown or stated if you become a State allowed dope grower you give up rights as a Federal Law Gun Owner and protection. I keep waiting to see that on the news but have not. Of course don’t watch much news anymore.

it is a damn shame they waited until we were and are so broke down to declare war on us. Then again it is what a cunning enemy does…. Just like a predator. Easy meal. Just remember don’t wipe you butt for several days so when they break in will not have a good meal. Make friends with all your neighbors that are like minded. Be ready to go mobile.

I grew up on a farm we used manure…… all kinds of manures but they have to set and age….. you can take pile of fresh chicken poop bury dead chickens in it and they will basically disappear. Next thing is keep the hogs hungry they will eat most everything except teeth. Cheaper then cranking the back hoe. You know . ???

I feel your pain entire spine and knees ….. was rough on myself in the early years…. War is hell.

you are a smart man to find seeds and such they are not altered. Why would not take their final vaccine. Was a human lab rat to many shots by uncle sammy. No more.

I tried for years to maintain a soldiers mentality about politics of not picking sides…. Even when got out…. I did not stand on a border looking into communist east germany and think that crap would be here someday in the open. It has always been here since 1920’s. - communism.

what no one has shown or stated if you become a State allowed dope grower you give up rights as a Federal Law Gun Owner and protection. I keep waiting to see that on the news but have not. Of course don’t watch much news anymore.

it is a damn shame they waited until we were and are so broke down to declare war on us. Then again it is what a cunning enemy does…. Just like a predator. Easy meal. Just remember don’t wipe you butt for several days so when they break in will not have a good meal. Make friends with all your neighbors that are like minded. Be ready to go mobile.

I grew up on a farm we used manure…… all kinds of manures but they have to set and age….. you can take pile of fresh chicken poop bury dead chickens in it and they will basically disappear. Next thing is keep the hogs hungry they will eat most everything except teeth. Cheaper then cranking the back hoe. You know . ???
I was going to serve but I blew some fingertips off making some 'fireworks' at the age of 16... Missed a dear the next season because the damned finger on the glove folded over and it couldn't fit between the trigger and the guard ?. Now I have those pop open mittens for cold weather hunting. I did a lot of dumb painful shit in my youth, still do to this day but don't heal like I used to.

This year I'm planning to save more seeds from harvests, I have some string beans from last year nice and dry that will be going in the ground soon.

I'm well aware of that law and fed trumps state... I'll take guns over buds all the time.

Hit people when they are down and keep them down, control the masses with psychological warfare. I'm in good standing with most of my rural neighbors and have a close group of like minded friends, I'm one of the key 'fixers' of the group. I also have lots of stuff mobile ready to go, 1 main bag easily carried on the quad or enduro and I'm good for a while...

I wish I grew up on a farm, the knowledge and life lessons gained would be invaluable. What the hogs don't care off the lye will.

I was going to serve but I blew some fingertips off making some 'fireworks' at the age of 16... Missed a dear the next season because the damned finger on the glove folded over and it couldn't fit between the trigger and the guard ?. Now I have those pop open mittens for cold weather hunting. I did a lot of dumb painful shit in my youth, still do to this day but don't heal like I used to.
I make stuff all the time.. HMTD, PETN, cotton, powder, etc.

I'm always interested in hearing about mistakes... what happened?

I make stuff all the time.. HMTD, PETN, cotton, powder, etc.

I'm always interested in hearing about mistakes... what happened?
12g co2 cartridge packed full of disassembled shotgun shells, was to young to buy powder (knowing what I do now I would have made my own) and the primers were/are fun to shoot with a pellet gun (until they fly back at ya).
The mistake was dumbass pyro me using a mortar fuse, that I cut short so I could still launch the mortar, as the wick... The moment I lit the fuse and pulled back behind my ear to throw it I knew I fucked up... So fortunate I didn't lose my sight or hearing. One buddy there said a chunk of skin landed on him. I remember the shock wearing off and the pain setting in around 7 minutes from the ER, getting to the ER and them telling me to have a seat until I told them "I blew my fucking fingers off" and unwrapping the towel, the first shot of morphine, the surgeon hitting the bone with the needle, more morphine, that freezing cold table and that chalk like slurry before I went under. I was in surgery for hours, remember my dad telling me I was pissed about all the unburnt powder they picked out. I have one finger print on the top of my middle finger(folded the skin back over top after cutting off some of the bone) . I've never been fingerprinted for a crime; will be entertaining if I ever am...
The worst pain of all it was waking up to the nurse saying this might sting a little as she pulled the cath out....
Good times.

12g co2 cartridge packed full of disassembled shotgun shells, was to young to buy powder (knowing what I do now I would have made my own) and the primers were/are fun to shoot with a pellet gun (until they fly back at ya).
The mistake was dumbass pyro me using a mortar fuse, that I cut short so I could still launch the mortar, as the wick... The moment I lit the fuse and pulled back behind my ear to throw it I knew I fucked up... So fortunate I didn't lose my sight or hearing. One buddy there said a chunk of skin landed on him. I remember the shock wearing off and the pain setting in around 7 minutes from the ER, getting to the ER and them telling me to have a seat until I told them "I blew my fucking fingers off" and unwrapping the towel, the first shot of morphine, the surgeon hitting the bone with the needle, more morphine, that freezing cold table and that chalk like slurry before I went under. I was in surgery for hours, remember my dad telling me I was pissed about all the unburnt powder they picked out. I have one finger print on the top of my middle finger(folded the skin back over top after cutting off some of the bone) . I've never been fingerprinted for a crime; will be entertaining if I ever am...
The worst pain of all it was waking up to the nurse saying this might sting a little as she pulled the cath out....
Good times.
Oh wow.. that's some serious stuff and you did get lucky. Got my own story.. big learning experience, luckily it wasn't me.

I was a geek as a child.. instead of playing baseball or sports, I was building RC planes and launching rockets. My friend (neighbor) was curious as to the substance inside the Estes rocket engines so we disassembled a few.. poured the contents on to the ground and lit it with a match..

Magical rocket fuel isn't so magical when it's not contained.. we even had a hard time getting it lit with the breeze and all, so my friend decided to take apart another engine, but this time, we poured the contents into a vitamin pill bottle.. I believe it was Theragram "one a day" or something.

So we have the contents of a D size engine in there and two C engines.. Throws in a match, nothing.. By the fourth or fifth match, we were getting a bit frustrated.. so my friend decided he wanted to watch to see exactly what was happening.. why wasn't the match igniting the powder.. I'm like "dude, that's not a good idea, don't put your face over that thing"... my advice went ignored. So my friend sticks he eye about 12 inches over the top of the bottle and dumps in a match and WOOOOOOOFFFF.. A rocket type flame came out of there, completely engulfed his entire head like a big blow torch...

It burned off almost all his hair, burned off 80% of his left ear, and melted the skin off one side of his face. He was in the hospital for 6 weeks, then home in bed for another 3 months.. He didn't leave the house again for almost 3 years.. Strangely, when I finally saw him three years later (His parents blamed me for the incident), he didn't look all that bad.. didn't have the typical wrinkled skin you'd expect. His ear was shaped kind of funny, and he didn't look like himself anymore, but he wasn't gross or severely disfigured like a monster or anything.

When I make HMTD or PETN, I make it in 3 and 5 gram amounts.. When I get to the end steps, the parts where I'm dealing with a substance that can go boom, I'm wearing a pair of Kevlar butcher's gloves inside a pair of welding gloves. I have safety glasses on, a welding helmet with a clear glass, and my body is shielded by double stacked sand bags. And I won't do any of it if the relative humidity is below 70%.. I have never had an accident and the only reason I even make the stuff is because it's the only thing that I can make that will detonate Tannerite without rifle.

Black powder is fine, but it takes about a week to get it right.. days of grinding, drying, grinding, drying.. ugg.. it's a hassle.. and if you don't grind it properly, it doesn't do much of anything useful. You end up with a low velocity pop, or a fizzle.. no real bang.

I'm sorry about your fingers.. that's an expensive lesson to learn as a child. My worst injury was slicing my thumb straight down the middle when an Exacto knife slipped.. 11 stitches, and now I have very little sensitivity on the pad.. have to use my other thumb if I want to feel something like a smalll bump.

Oh wow.. that's some serious stuff and you did get lucky. Got my own story.. big learning experience, luckily it wasn't me.

I was a geek as a child.. instead of playing baseball or sports, I was building RC planes and launching rockets. My friend (neighbor) was curious as to the substance inside the Estes rocket engines so we disassembled a few.. poured the contents on to the ground and lit it with a match..

Magical rocket fuel isn't so magical when it's not contained.. we even had a hard time getting it lit with the breeze and all, so my friend decided to take apart another engine, but this time, we poured the contents into a vitamin pill bottle.. I believe it was Theragram "one a day" or something.

So we have the contents of a D size engine in there and two C engines.. Throws in a match, nothing.. By the fourth or fifth match, we were getting a bit frustrated.. so my friend decided he wanted to watch to see exactly what was happening.. why wasn't the match igniting the powder.. I'm like "dude, that's not a good idea, don't put your face over that thing"... my advice went ignored. So my friend sticks he eye about 12 inches over the top of the bottle and dumps in a match and WOOOOOOOFFFF.. A rocket type flame came out of there, completely engulfed his entire head like a big blow torch...

It burned off almost all his hair, burned off 80% of his left ear, and melted the skin off one side of his face. He was in the hospital for 6 weeks, then home in bed for another 3 months.. He didn't leave the house again for almost 3 years.. Strangely, when I finally saw him three years later (His parents blamed me for the incident), he didn't look all that bad.. didn't have the typical wrinkled skin you'd expect. His ear was shaped kind of funny, and he didn't look like himself anymore, but he wasn't gross or severely disfigured like a monster or anything.

When I make HMTD or PETN, I make it in 3 and 5 gram amounts.. When I get to the end steps, the parts where I'm dealing with a substance that can go boom, I'm wearing a pair of Kevlar butcher's gloves inside a pair of welding gloves. I have safety glasses on, a welding helmet with a clear glass, and my body is shielded by double stacked sand bags. And I won't do any of it if the relative humidity is below 70%.. I have never had an accident and the only reason I even make the stuff is because it's the only thing that I can make that will detonate Tannerite without rifle.

Black powder is fine, but it takes about a week to get it right.. days of grinding, drying, grinding, drying.. ugg.. it's a hassle.. and if you don't grind it properly, it doesn't do much of anything useful. You end up with a low velocity pop, or a fizzle.. no real bang.

I'm sorry about your fingers.. that's an expensive lesson to learn as a child. My worst injury was slicing my thumb straight down the middle when an Exacto knife slipped.. 11 stitches, and now I have very little sensitivity on the pad.. have to use my other thumb if I want to feel something like a smalll bump.
That's a wild story too, I'm glad he recovered ok. I remember playing with those rockets as a kid too, lots of fun and gave me a great appreciation for just a mild breeze ?. I never did take them apart but one time launched one without a rocket attached. It was fun watching it fly end over end until it hit the house, our parents weren't amused.
One of our neighbors older sons was into bigger rockets, 5' and larger, I remember him saying if his mom's house ever caught on fire run away and tell the fire department to stay away too. He was making his own 'm80s' etc, at one point I remember him making something(s) he struck on the side of a diamond match box to 'light'and chucking it into the woods. I wish I knew what they were and how to make them, one time our house shook ~250yds away.

I did some brief research on HMTD and I'm intrigued... I use Neutra Sul for well water treatment / disinfect (bad sulphur and iron issues) it's 20% H2O2 with a stabilizer added, wonder if it would work ?.
The only other 'boomers' I made when I was younger involved pool shock and brake fluid or iso alcohol ... Hell of a bang but way to dangerous to keep playing with even at my young and dumb age. That reminds me when I was really young and thought I'd help shock the pool quickly by adding chlorine to boiling water to dissolve it quicker...

My hand was an expensive lesson but gave me a greater appreciation for life. I've adapted well. I really don't think it's that bad, there are people that are far worse off with injuries. Now a days the only time I'm really bothered by it is when I'm tying fishing knots, double bloods are a major pita.

Keeping the thread on topic; the fish, chickens, etc eat the bugs, we eat the fish... Aren't we already eating bugs.

Keeping the thread on topic; the fish, chickens, etc eat the bugs, we eat the fish... Aren't we already eating bugs.
I keep telling my wife that beef is a vegetarian food... it's just concentrated.

And she doesn't seem to grasp the concept that ketchup is a fruit smoothie..

What is wrong with people?

I keep telling my wife that beef is a vegetarian food... it's just concentrated.

And she doesn't seem to grasp the concept that ketchup is a fruit smoothie..

What is wrong with people?
I love me some fries or mac or eggs with my ketchup...

If we could answer that question we wouldn't be in the fubar world we are...

Do you have any thought out reasons why humans shouldn't eat bug? (I have none, just the irrational sense of puking at the idea of eating bugs) I talked old timers who lived in remote areas and they all regularly ate bugs that infested their foods. One guy would not eat cheese until he could hear bugs hitting the tin lid...

Yes, two significant reasons: One, the exoskeleton of at least many bugs contains chitin which humans don't have the ability to properly process, and does bad things. Two, there are often parasites you don't really want to be eating in their digestive tract. Don't have links at hand just at the moment.

Back