diy solar

diy solar

Any rabbit/chicken owners want to QC my novel design plan?

Yea I only saw you talking hutch last 2 posts

funny enough if you did make the hutch a circle you could make the run a cone instead of cylinder and have the outer part of it wider so it rotates perfectly lmao
all you'd need is 1 motor then & 1 thing moving
that probably makes it even more difficult though

View attachment 202102

Nice. That would be awesome to only need one motor and a couple bearings. I wonder if any of the plants would get caught up in the mesh while it was rolling on them though. Some of that is going to happen either way. But probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Your idea has a lot of strengths. Only drawback I see is how to have the run protected by an electric fence. I suppose I could just just fence in the whole 100' diameter garden. That might make sense to keep the moose from eating what I plant as well. And the snowshoe hares.

I'd keep the hutch square though, so I can make my automated rake to clean out the compost easily.

I'll definitely give it a think.

Nice. That would be awesome to only need one motor and a couple bearings. I wonder if any of the plants would get caught up in the mesh while it was rolling on them though. Some of that is going to happen either way. But probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Your idea has a lot of strengths. Only drawback I see is how to have the run protected by an electric fence. I suppose I could just just fence in the whole 100' diameter garden. That might make sense to keep the moose from eating what I plant as well. And the snowshoe hares.

I'd keep the hutch square though, so I can make my automated rake to clean out the compost easily.

I'll definitely give it a think.
yea idk about the plants. Honestly I think it sounds like it's gonna mess all of them up lol.
oh yea I missed the electrical fence around it. IDK
Are you out in the middle of no where so you have all the animals hunting your animals?
You could set out motion detectors with sound and scare most of them away

After doing the research on chicken diet I'm scrapping this plan. So little of their nutritional needs would be met this way. So back to a more traditional setup.

Reactions: D71
Back