diy solar

diy solar

Asia 220 volt system (asking the question again phrasing it better)

gbeuchel

I am asking this question again because I did not phrase correctly and confused people so here goes.......

I live in Asia and have 220 volt grid (50 hertz) I am NOT looking to create a 120 volt system. I need to use the voltage/hertz here because all the appliances run on that. I do not know if the 2 phases are actually 2 different phases or if it is 2 legs that are somehow out of phase with each other. All I know is that I have 2 legs and a ground but no center tapped neutral.

I want to put together a grid tied system using (I guess) 2 inverters - one for each leg - or is there an inverter than can handle both legs and not require a center tapped neutral. I will have a 48 volt battery system.

The color codes of the wires here are weird and not like the western world. For example, they have a red wire if you are running to a wall switch and yellow if you are running away from a wall switch to something else. The 2 legs are both black and the ground is a different color. It could be any color like white which you would expect on a neutral but, again, we have no neutral here.

Question: Any videos on this kind of set up? What inverters would you suggest? Any comments on feasibility?

Still can't comment until you verify what your grid provides.
I'm still pretty sure that it's most likely 230v single phase. L,N, and G.
Very easy to confirm with a voltage meter.
L to N should read 230v.
L to G should read 230v.
N to G should read 0v.

Can you open an outlet or something and see if you have a black or blue wire at the outlet? Otherwise what color are the two hot wires?

It is possible but probably unlikely that you do not have a "neutral" (grounded phase conductor, whether it's a true neutral or not).

If you really have only red yellow and ground in each outlet then I believe what you're saying.

Last edited:
Back