diy solar

diy solar

Auto start generator

lucky P

Hi,
I have an

ICONICA 600w 24V COMPLETE OFF-GRID SOLAR POWER SYSTEM WITH 2 X 410W SHARP SOLAR PANELS, 3KW HYBRID INVERTER AND 4 X 100AH BATTERIES and recently bought a miller and mason G90000W key start generator and looking for advice to auto start this generator I have a good knowledge of house hold electrics but this is my first solar installation the system is running great but I need a battery back up as grid power is not an option and the Iconica system doesn't have a generator auto start and I don't think the generator has an auto start connection either so I'm looking for advice as to what I would need buy to detect low voltage on the batteries and auto start the generator with auto choke control.​

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Hi,
I have an

ICONICA 600w 24V COMPLETE OFF-GRID SOLAR POWER SYSTEM WITH 2 X 410W SHARP SOLAR PANELS, 3KW HYBRID INVERTER AND 4 X 100AH BATTERIES and recently bought a miller and mason G90000W key start generator and looking for advice to auto start this generator I have a good knowledge of house hold electrics but this is my first solar installation the system is running great but I need a battery back up as grid power is not an option and the Iconica system doesn't have a generator auto start and I don't think the generator has an auto start connection either so I'm looking for advice as to what I would need buy to detect low voltage on the batteries and auto start the solar generator with auto choke control.​

Thanks in advance for any advice given
Hey, really sorry if my question looks awkward.

I'm on the hunt for a reliable solar generator, and I could use some guidance! I'm excited to embrace sustainable energy solutions and reduce my carbon footprint. The solar generator will serve as a backup power source for emergencies and camping trips.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the options available in the market, so I'm seeking your recommendations and personal experiences. What brands or models have you used, and how satisfied are you with their performance?

Also, I'd appreciate some insights into the key features I should be looking for. What's the ideal battery capacity, portability, and charging time for everyday use?

You need a generator that is capable of two wire start, and an inverter that has a generator run feature.

You could try to make a circuit that is wired into the start button. But the generator would need an automatic choke, and you need lots of timing logic to avoid burning out the starter if it doesn't start.

Back