diy solar

diy solar

Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS)

Pjwod

I want to continue to power my Motor Home's entire 120v AC panel (it also powers my converter) with shore power or generator power whenever shore power is not available. I am installing a new 3000 W inverter with solar and Lithium batteries and want to use the inverter to power my entire 120v AC panel when ample battery power is available. So I conclude that I have three sources of 120v AC and I want the system to work automatically. Currently I have one ATS that chooses either Shore or Generator power. So, should I get a second ATS that would take the 120v AC power from this first ATS and what comes out of it goes to the second (new) ATS, along with input from my new inverter? If my thinking is correct, this would allow the AC Panel to only get 120v AC from one source. Are there any other considertaions?

I want to continue to power my Motor Home's entire 120v AC panel (it also powers my converter) with shore power or generator power whenever shore power is not available. I am installing a new 3000 W inverter with solar and Lithium batteries and want to use the inverter to power my entire 120v AC panel when ample battery power is available. So I conclude that I have three sources of 120v AC and I want the system to work automatically. Currently I have one ATS that chooses either Shore or Generator power. So, should I get a second ATS that would take the 120v AC power from this first ATS and what comes out of it goes to the second (new) ATS, along with input from my new inverter? If my thinking is correct, this would allow the AC Panel to only get 120v AC from one source. Are there any other considertaions?
That will work.
Although an AIO (All In One) , with a built-in transfer switch, SCC (Solar Charge Controller), inverter, and AC charger, might be a better option.

Back