diy solar

diy solar

My generator does not recharge my Lithium batteries but shore power does!

So “non inverting” generators do create sine wave, but frequency and voltage maybe all over the place for the AIO to accept its input. If you continue to dial down the charging current from the generator you may find a level where the AIO should accept it

This one should be more compatible. Although I would t try and draw a constant 3k from the unit for hours on end (unless you like filing warranty claims)

Congratulations to WME for the correct solution. Thank you so much. Here was the answer from WME!
The rv converter must be powered by the output of ATS #1. IF it is powered by the output of ATS#2 it will try to bootstrap, charge the battery from the inverter, while the inverter is running from the battery.
This maynot be your answer, but here is an answer to the bootstrap problem,
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/catsy.549/50750_MOBI_MAN_GP-TS_prewired.pdf

I have a big 12kw Winco generator, german made genset, Honda engine.. I paid over $5k for it.. and it won't charge my Bluetti because the frequency isn't clean enough.. it's usually running about 63hz and throws an error on the Bluetti.. so now I'm having to charge with my little Predator inverter generator and I have a $5k ship anchor.

Back