diy solar

diy solar

Balanced Charging/Loading 100Ah Lithium Batteries

billjones9

In wiring 4 100Ah lithium-ion batteries to balance the charging & discharging, is this the correct way to wire them?
1647719652717.png
1647719741173.png

Your wiring matches the diagram and wires that need to be the same length appear to be the same length.

What’s the extra small wire on the C positive terminal? I would put that small wire on last.

Make sure all connections are tightened to the same torque.

Your wiring matches the diagram and wires that need to be the same length appear to be the same length.

What’s the extra small wire on the C positive terminal? I would put that small wire on last.

Make sure all connections are tightened to the same torque.
That's to power the shunt. Do you know if this type of wiring is optimum to balance charging & discharging?

You don’t need the shunt to balance the batteries.

That’s a good wiring setup. There is one way that is best but it’s likely negligibly better.

You don’t need the shunt to balance the batteries.

That’s a good wiring setup. There is one way that is best but it’s likely negligibly better.
The Victron Energy SmartShunt 500A/50mV with Bluetooth is to monitor the batteries.

I understand what the shunt does (I have one in my system). But it’s not needed for the initial charge and balance of the batteries. The shunt can’t give you any useful info until the batteries are fully charged initially and the shunt is reset to 100%.

I understand what the shunt does (I have one in my system). But it’s not needed for the initial charge and balance of the batteries. The shunt can’t give you any useful info until the batteries are fully charged initially and the shunt is reset to 100%.
Yes, I understand.

Back