diy solar

diy solar

Balasted ground mount system supporting vertical mounting of panels >39.5 inches wide

AZ Solar Junkie

Maricopa, AZ
I'm looking to use one of the ballasted ground mount systems like the Corigy or the PowerField Energy PowerRack system. Due to space constraints in my backyard, I would really like to mount the panels vertically, but the Corigy says it supports 39.5 inch wide panels when mounted vertically, and the PowerField system appears to only support horizontal mounting. I'm really tempted by Signature Solar's current deal on the 400W Talesun panels (I know bifacial won't gain me much of anything with a mounting system like these but at $108 for 400W brand new panels it's too good to pass up even if the bifacial gains me nothing), but they are 44.65 inches wide. I'm trying to keep it simple as much as possible. Has anyone seen a comparable ballasted ground mount system that would support vertically mounting 44.65 inch wide panels like these? Otherwise I'll probably have to go with something similar to the brightmount system (even that one says it supports up to 4 panels up to 44 inches wide so these are also too wide plus I'd like to avoid pouring concrete anchors). Any suggestions?

Okay - I'm stupid. The Corigy supports 39.5 inch wide panels when mounted horizontally - not vertically. They seem to come in 2 varieties - one designed for vertical mounting and the other for horizontal, but CC shows the vertical mounting variety as out of stock and I haven't found anywhere else selling them. :(

Back