diy solar

diy solar

Battery bank for cost effective overnight AC in RV (no solar to start out)

Benjammann

I’m looking to make a mobile battery bank with inverter similar to the one Will featured last year, but do it on an extremely tight budget. I am super new to this, but I was looking for people selling batteries and just found someone selling 440 EVE 18650 2500mah cells for $800. Is anyone bothering to use cells like these to build battery banks? Would these cells be enough to run AC in an RV overnight and then recharge them with a generator the next day? Is this crazy? Any other tips on building the lowest cost version of that mobile 48v cart Will made? Would using a Giandel inverter be more cost effective than the EG4?

EDIT: After looking into this a bit more it’s likely so much less hassle to just spend the $2K(?) and build the 48v cart Will designed unless anyone has other suggestions.

Last edited:
I second the suggestion- using 18650's is a hard way to go about it...
What is the actual power consumption of this A/C- thats the starting point of looking at what you need- that 'pack' would have thousands of connections, and be a nightmare to wire up, and has only about 3kwh of actual storage- thats not a lot for any A/C I am aware of...

Back