diy solar

diy solar

My parents are moving into a parked 50 amp RV inside 11 acres to be near my aging grandparents. Please help design their off grid solar system?

Don't watch Will's latest video then...

It actually was Will's latest video that inspired my post. Hey, I know it's his business, and I like and support non-china stuff, but things are a little over the top around here, sometimes. It's becoming annoying.

Bravo, Rednecktek! While the victron products I own are of good quality, I despise being locked into any one "ecosystem", hardware or software. Any technology. Sometime this forum seems like an endless comercial for victron. It sometimes seems a little over the top. Just my humble opinion.

"locked into" - This is a cage I love being in. Nothing else on the planet provides the same level of monitoring or control of a system.

But it doesn't require being 'locked into the Victron ecosystem'.

You could just have one Victron component amongst your system and it will still function as advertised. You could just have a Victron SCC all by itself. Or you could just have a Victron shunt only. Or you could just have a Victron inverter as the only Victron component in your system. It's simply not true that you would be required to have everything Victron.

It's just that a lot of people gravitate that way once they start using a Victron component. That's why I recommend people to start out with Victron gear in the first place.

Last edited:
Locked in isn't even a description of Victron.
You have no idea how many things they talk to. Solar is only your world. I would Take a look at the documentation. It will be enlightening!

Back