diy solar

diy solar

Battery discharge with no demand.

JonnyB13

I hope someone can shed some light for me, I have a 10kw puredrive battery supplied by a Solis Hybrid Inverter and panels. I have had 2 occasions when topping up overnight from the grid several hours later the battery seem to drain considerably with no demand from the house. The inverter shows a 1.8kwh draw but I have switched everything off and still shows. Only way to stop it was to isolate the inverter and then re energies. Has anyone had this before? Any advice would be appreciated.

I hope someone can shed some light for me, I have a 10kw puredrive battery supplied by a Solis Hybrid Inverter and panels. I have had 2 occasions when topping up overnight from the grid several hours later the battery seem to drain considerably with no demand from the house. The inverter shows a 1.8kwh draw but I have switched everything off and still shows. Only way to stop it was to isolate the inverter and then re energies. Has anyone had this before? Any advice would be appreciated.
Weird, do you have a clamp meter?

Weird, do you have a clamp meter?
Yeh there is. Although the battery is now charging again everything being used by the house is coming via the mains supply not battery. I'm wondering if it's a faulty clamp as it's now showing no demand from the house

Yeh there is. Although the battery is now charging again everything being used by the house is coming via the mains supply not battery. I'm wondering if it's a faulty clamp as it's now showing no demand from the house
AC or DC

Battery discharge can occur even when there is no demand. This typically happens when the battery is idle, meaning it is still connected to the load, but there is no current being drawn from it. The voltage of a lead-acid battery when idle (not supplying current or being charged) will vary according to how fully charged the battery is. This phenomenon is common to many types of batteries and is an important factor to consider in battery management and maintenance.

BATTERY FAILURE: There may be a problem with the battery itself that is causing abnormal emissions. It is recommended that the battery manufacturer or supplier be contacted for a detailed inspection and possible replacement.
INVERTER PROBLEMS: The Solis hybrid inverter may be faulty, resulting in incorrect display and control of battery charging and discharging. Users can attempt to update the inverter software (if an update is available) or contact the inverter manufacturer for support.
System Configuration Issues: Check that the solar power system is configured correctly. There may be a setup issue that is causing the system to discharge unnecessarily when there is no demand. It is recommended to consult the system manual or contact a specialized technician to check.
Monitoring System Problems: If the system is equipped with a monitoring system, there may be monitoring system errors that result in false alarms. Users can check the settings of the monitoring system and contact the system vendor to resolve the problem.

Back