diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid inverters with POST / PUT API ability?

MaxL07

Hello - I'm in the and UK relatively new to solar and looking to install a 3.6kw hybrid inverter on my property and have received advice that some inverters can be controlled via API (rather than just reading their data via API) and others can not. I have heard that GivEnergy can and SolaX can not, for example.

My understanding is that this ability to POST / PUT via API is important if you ever want to use your inverter for any external service like demand shedding / balancing where the company needs to control your inverter to drain your battery into the grid at a certain time, for example.

Am I right in that there are certain manufacturers that have this and others that don't? And if so, which inverters can do this and do people recommend?

Welcome!

I'm not aware of any inverters that support such direct http comms (though maybe some do :unsure:). Many, however, support control via modbus, usually over an RS485 connection.

That is certainly the case for my Solis. I understand Growatt and Sunsynk/Deye also provide that degree of control.

This posting (and in fact whole thread) may be of interest...

also see...

Back