diy solar

diy solar

Batteryhookup

fatjay

Nice guys, super helpful. Time to get to work.

QVgdNwo.jpg

EuPeNKN.jpg

I never put anything in a safe space, because I'll never see it again.

This thing is supposed to hold 800lb per shelf, but I'm not very confident.

W1WhGpz.jpg

There was a massive thread recently about a build that burst into flames. His particle board shelves failed (unknown if due to fire or cause of fire) but once those get moisture they lose structural integrity.
I’d potentially look for another form of shelf support.

There was a massive thread recently about a build that burst into flames. His particle board shelves failed (unknown if due to fire or cause of fire) but once those get moisture they lose structural integrity.
This isn't a long term solution, I just wanted a place to put them so I could inspect them and check voltages.

Every cell is 3.27v, so I think that's good starting point. They grabbed random boxes off pallets, so it wasn't like they had them set aside and made sure they were matching. They weren't even open.

@sunshine_eggo glances over at his new cells on that same shelf... looks away... avoiding eye contact.

Ok I have half as many bus bars as I need. Where can I get more for cheap? I am searching the wrong thing on amazon.

This is only for top balancing them. Alterntaively, I have some 12ga steel in the shop that I can take and slice up and drill holes in. Problem is it's galvanized. Will that still work? Or will mixing up bus bar types make some cells charge slower?

Or should I do 8 at a time?

I never put anything in a safe space, because I'll never see it again.

This thing is supposed to hold 800lb per shelf, but I'm not very confident.

W1WhGpz.jpg
careful with those wooden shelves, some guy just had all his stuff blow up from.. what we think was sagging wood and then some issues slowly arose from that.
But regardless those woods sag over time, put some steel under them or just use all steel

oh just saw goose posted about it already

Ok I put it on the floor. There's no breaking a concrete slab. I am almost finished my battery room. I got the drywall up, I just need to mud, paint, and finish the floor, then build the racking.

GPTPjQQ.jpg

3PgVWwm.jpg
Yea I put some insulate board down on my concrete floor and built a concrete table over my batteries that I can flip up if I need to get to them
at least if it catches fire it won't matter lol

Ok I have half as many bus bars as I need. Where can I get more for cheap? I am searching the wrong thing on amazon.

This is only for top balancing them. Alterntaively, I have some 12ga steel in the shop that I can take and slice up and drill holes in. Problem is it's galvanized. Will that still work? Or will mixing up bus bar types make some cells charge slower?

Or should I do 8 at a time?
I use these, they can handle several hundred amps according to my math
they're huge! check the dimensions before getting lol

I’m seeing a ripe opportunity for a “busbarhookup. com

I mean the ones between batteries, they're just flat pieces of metal with holes in them, they shouldn't be expensive.
oh lmao
Yea if you search with battery names they come up like "eve battery bus bar"
several different measurements here and they are only like $0.60 each so not bad

also on aliexpress which will take a while to ship, you're probably eager to get going

there are some here too

careful with those wooden shelves, some guy just had all his stuff blow up from.. what we think was sagging wood and then some issues slowly arose from that.
But regardless those woods sag over time, put some steel under them or just use all steel

oh just saw goose posted about it already

Yea I put some insulate board down on my concrete floor and built a concrete table over my batteries that I can flip up if I need to get to them
at least if it catches fire it won't matter lol
Steel conducts, so I'm trying to avoid that as a building material.

I was under the impression that the fire risk was non-existant with these batteries. Yes i know there's high current and that makes wires hot and can catch fire. In the closet I was going to use 3/4 board as a shelf. 3/4 has a 100lb live load per square foot at 24" spacing with .067" deflection, which should be acceptable.

The only thing is assembling the pack and getting it on to the shelf.

Back