diy solar

diy solar

Battle Born type battery terminals for DIY?

Mike Jordan

Solar Enthusiast
Are there any Battle Born type battery terminals, that can be used on a DIY lithium build case?

$3 and 2 months on Ali
Or
$19 and 2 days on Amazon

I should sell these on Amazon ?

Terminology is always an issue on Aliexpress.. And with Aliexpress trying to translate it makes things even worse...

In my case it always seem to switch to Dutch.. And those translations are either crap or funny, but almost never usefull...

searching without the proper name is a PITA. I have many occasions where I exactly know how it looks and what I want, but just don't know the proper name. Back in the days, with a printed catalogue, you could just go to the 'connectors' pages, browse around and find it without a problem, by just fastly scanning across the images.
With a lot of online sites, that is a PITA.

Depends on your loads. Anderson SB350 (350A version) based on the 200A current, but if you don't need 200A you can go for the 175A version, but you have to fuse it to 175A max to prevent overloading the connector by accident.

You can lower the BMS max output to 175A on some BMSses but I wouldn't recommend that, since you still can overload the 175A if there are additional sources of power like alternator or solar, unless all those sources are after the connector and the connector is only the bare battery pack.

Depends on your loads. Anderson SB350 (350A version) based on the 200A current, but if you don't need 200A you can go for the 175A version, but you have to fuse it to 175A max to prevent overloading the connector by accident.

You can lower the BMS max output to 175A on some BMSses but I wouldn't recommend that, since you still can overload the 175A if there are additional sources of power like alternator or solar, unless all those sources are after the connector and the connector is only the bare battery pack.
Show me andersons connecting multiple batts in series/parallel

For series/parallel I won't suggest Andersons. Will make a wire mess and easy to f*ck things up.

(I was replying to @kshopper2084 and I assumed it's a single 4S set)

For series/parallel I won't suggest Andersons. Will make a wire mess and easy to f*ck things up.

(I was replying to @kshopper2084 and I assumed it's a single 4S set)
we don't know who you were plying to, because you didn't quote the post. Like this ^^^^. So since it was my thread, I assumed you were replying to me

Show me andersons connecting multiple batts in series/parallel
I would do like 4 groups of cells if you were doing a 48volt battery. So 4 cells in each groups and four groups would give you the 16 cells in the whole pack. I wouldn't put all cells on Anderson connectors. You were asking for something like the battleborn connector which is like a group of cells.

IMG_20220217_181206.jpgIMG_20220217_181740.jpgIMG_20220217_181750.jpgHere are my 4 packs paralleled and my portable jump pack... I can plug into, lawn mower, 4-wheeler, backhoe, and have an Anderson jumper cable clamp attachment for jumping vehicles...

I’ve got two sets of the battleborn style terminals for my battery build through ali express, they maybe ok for an inverter, but I ended up ordering some threaded insert terminals to replace them.

but they are very cheap though, its Hard to look pass them when a decent set is $20-25 a set

I’ve got two sets of the battleborn style terminals for my battery build through ali express, they maybe ok for an inverter, but I ended up ordering some threaded insert terminals to replace them.

but they are very cheap though, its Hard to look pass them when a decent set is $20-25 a set
where do I find a decent set?

Back