diy solar

diy solar

Be wary of SOK

Well, again not true, My contact at SOK Canada requested that you get involved. A couple of points that you have left out. YOU requested that I send my battery back to you for testing, and even paid for the shipping to do so. Is that in your "policy", didn't think so. It seemed to me that you thought there was an issue with the battery as well. When you said you tested it and found it to be fine, at that point you decided to end what I thought was good support from a newer company, and keep my battery in liew of payment for shipping. Never was that discussed. As far as this rediculous charge back issue, YOU HAD MY BATTERY, how could there be a charge back. I wonder if SOK in "China" would agree with "I'm not helping you on the batteries you purchased elsewhere".

Just to expound on your "warranty" post, one of your posts said that your Tech stated there was nothing wrong with the battery. Yet your "policy" begins with "If WE are unsure if a product is faulty" you will cover the cost of shipping. You can't have it both ways (let me guess, you did this out of the kindness of your heart). Since you continue to take things out of context, cutting and pasting at will from my correspondence, and fabricating things that never happened, I think we are thankfully done. Be my guest entertaining anyone who might take everything you say as gospel, dosen't seem to be as many as those who have had similar issue's to mine. As I said before, SOK makes a good product, I just had some bad luck with over-inflated egos and Techs who assume they are the last word on batteries.

Just to expound on your "warranty" post, one of your posts said that your Tech stated there was nothing wrong with the battery. Yet your "policy" begins with "If WE are unsure if a product is faulty" you will cover the cost of shipping. You can't have it both ways (let me guess, you did this out of the kindness of your heart). Since you continue to take things out of context, cutting and pasting at will from my correspondence, and fabricating things that never happened, I think we are thankfully done. Be my guest entertaining anyone who might take everything you say as gospel, dosen't seem to be as many as those who have had similar issue's to mine. As I said before, SOK makes a good product, I just had some bad luck with over-inflated egos and Techs who assume they are the last word on batteries.
Is English your first language?
Instead of continuing to post walls of texts why don't you post screenshots of the actual email conversation to prove you are correct?
I've spent under $500 with Current Connected but I wouldn't hesitate to spend $50,000 based on my interactions with them and feedback I've seen here. I will use them when I make my next big purchases.
They seem like an exceptionally well run professional company. If I lived near them I would have already had a resume submitted.

Our warranty policy is and always has been clear that if the product is not faulty, then you have to cover all the shipping...not just how you want to read between the lines to suit you. We told you on the phone that the battery didn't have a problem and you said that it did because the voltage wouldn't budge on a 10 amp charge for over an hour. Since we (customer and company) couldn't agree, we brought it back for testing.

You seem to want to end the conversation but can't seem to stop calling me a liar or insisting I'm being or have been unjust to you...

Look, every single one of our interactions is documented either by email or call recording and I've reviewed them all. It's all fresh in my mind and I've cited some of it in this thread.

Maybe you have forgotten what you said on the phone and you deserve the benefit of the doubt...but don't call me a liar! That's me and my team's reputation you are trying to ruin and I won't allow that after everything we've done.

I reached out to the phone support guy at SOK, and he said he has tried calling you a few times and you aren't answering. He missed your call the other day when you called in after hours. He even tried today and after just a few rings it was sent to voicemail.

I reached out to the phone support guy at SOK, and he said he has tried calling you a few times and you aren't answering. He missed your call the other day when you called in after hours. He even tried today and after just a few rings it was sent to voicemail.
I don't see how missing phone calls has any bearing on this.

Also not to cause shit, but wasn't there another thread recently where you said that all warranty claims go thru current connected? How can you deny service if it's supposed to go thru you?

I don't know you, I don't intend to buy your products, but I'll say this: Quit engaging. IMO, you're actively harming your well built reputation by airing this openly. Sometimes it's easier to take the "L" pay the customer out and be done with it. Now there is a record of a CTO and a customer going at it on an open web forum. That's not something I like seeing when I'm looking to spend my hard earned money with a company.

I guess what confused me is why we’re shipping a battery back and forth when it’s a bms problem according to op
I would mail the bms to them for testing purposes, a whole lot cheaper and probably order a spare bms to get my battery back in Service and then when things got sorted out I’d have a spare bms

I guess what confused me is why we’re shipping a battery back and forth when it’s a bms problem according to op
I would mail the bms to them for testing purposes, a whole lot cheaper and probably order a spare bms to get my battery back in Service and then when things got sorted out I’d have a spare bms
I see this so much globally it really bothers me!
like when I bought a welder. one part was missing.. they had me return the entire unit and sent me a new one.
It was a cable.. I'd have bought a new one but they paid shipping so it was free, truly insane.

this thread though 10/10

I don't see how missing phone calls has any bearing on this.

Also not to cause shit, but wasn't there another thread recently where you said that all warranty claims go thru current connected? How can you deny service if it's supposed to go thru you?

I don't know you, I don't intend to buy your products, but I'll say this: Quit engaging. IMO, you're actively harming your well built reputation by airing this openly. Sometimes it's easier to take the "L" pay the customer out and be done with it. Now there is a record of a CTO and a customer going at it on an open web forum. That's not something I like seeing when I'm looking to spend my hard earned money with a company.
For the 48v server rack SOKs, they go through me. 12v batteries sold by me go through me. 12v batteries sold elsewhere do not go through me unless I volunteer my time. That's part of why I am on this forum in general, because I have enjoyed helping people for a long time before I went into business.

But your right, and I'm taking your advise and tapping out. I thought that being transparent on our business practices would be good to show...I'm typically a pretty transparent person - ask me a question and I'll give a straight answer...

I still think SOK makes the best "infinitely repairable" battery out there ... I can't imagine a scenario where something can't be fixed yourself. Given the weights of batteries/assemblies these days, I am starting to think that warrany "swaps" are out of the question if going above 12v sizes ...

I also think CurrentConnected is going above and beyond with their business, and I hope they hang in there against the occasional detractor ... I can't wait to switch away from LiTime (not easily repairable) to SOK (fully repairable). And, my two SOK 12v100ah batteries (purchased off of Amazon) are still going strong, a few years later. It's nice to know that CC is out there, and running such a great business.

LiTime also has a great return process, but the key differentiator is the battery frame (metal, easily opened and worked on, or ABS plastic, welded/glued together). Can you open up your battery (48v or 12v sizes), strip it down to individual parts, put it all back together, and have the company who sold it to you actually work with you the whole time to swap out parts in the field?

I hope that most folks learn the lesson of "do the research before you buy the product", and this has to include the support side of it. Know how a repair/replacement (or any customer service interaction) is going to go LONG BEFORE you push the purchase button.

From all the research I've done, CC is the business you DO want to go with ... because of their customer service!

I'll say this: Quit engaging. IMO, you're actively harming your well built reputation by airing this openly. Sometimes it's easier to take the "L" pay the customer out and be done with it. Now there is a record of a CTO and a customer going at it on an open web forum. That's not something I like seeing when I'm looking to spend my hard earned money with a company.
Yeah, this exchange started fine. But just like the times where the owner of Signature Solar used to jump in and endlessly air their laundry. Dexter, I think you run a tight ship and good company, but there comes a point to just stop, or as you said, deescalate.

I will say, that in this case, unlike some exchanges on here for your competition, you tried to do right by a consumer. Sounds like you owed them nothing at all, as they weren't even your customer.

Back