diy solar

diy solar

Before you buy anything from LiTime, should know my consumer experience!!

Stuff hapens. But, If I opened up something and found there was an issue with it, my first reaction would not be to throw out the packaging. Just saying.

I hope you get this sorted. I don't see anything unreasonable about the vendor's policy.

Or open up a package once arrived and give it a solid once over before placing it on the back burner for a few months.
This is a must. Even than I have experienced problems from vendors when an item arrived destroyed in shipping. Some Sellers are great and some want to ignore, delay, toss up road blocks, or blame you. I find the issue of not saving the packaging as an attempt at blame rather than addressing the issue of if the battery is covered by a Warranty or not. If the Seller had specifically stated that original packaging must be retained in the case of a Warranty issue that would be different. You do have to read all the fine print of things.

Hopefully Wills intervention in this case can resolve it.

I'm glad Will was able to help. I have my own litime story...

Bought 2 balancers on AMZ. Wrote a review stating the obvious that there are no indicators (leds) to show they were working. Measurements showed that they brought the 4 batteries within a couple tenths of a volt. I wished for some kind of indicators...
They wrote me and offered a full refund. I did not take them up on it.
Bought 2 more when i installed another 2 48v banks on my setup.
Guess I'll just keep my meter near by.
:)

Always take pictures from several angles of the package(s) when received (before opening) noting any damage to the packaging. Include pictures of any labels, whether the package is on a pallet and if there are arrows on the package indicating which side is up for the contents as the shipper may have shipped the package upside down resulting in damage/leakage. Even when there is no obvious package damage there can still be damage to the product as a result of improper handling of the package; i.e. shipper dropped the package.

Stuff hapens. But, If I opened up something and found there was an issue with it, my first reaction would not be to throw out the packaging. Just saying.

I hope you get this sorted. I don't see anything unreasonable about the vendor's policy.
Where is this vendor’s policy listed? Because if it’s not listed anywhere, then it is seems pretty unreasonable to me. 🤷‍♂️

Where is this vendor’s policy listed? Because if it’s not listed anywhere, then it is seems pretty unreasonable to me. 🤷‍♂️
This is for their new stuff, but maybe it applies:

"FREE RETURNS
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)."

There was not actually much in the warranty section of their batteries except this:

"The warranty does not cover failures resulting from incorrect handling, product modifications, installation, or deliberate damage. It is also not covered by the warranty if the consumer fails to install, use and maintain the product correctly following the requirements of the instruction manual, which causes serious quality problems in the product."

My guess is they were thinking this battery had been received on March 27 and not opened until May 1, so the agent was rightly or wrongly suspicious of the damage to the battery. Even so, for the volume they sell, they should have just refunded the money on this one, it isn't worth the negative press considering 1 out of 1000 satisfied customers leave a review while 10 out of 10 dissatisfied customers leave a review.

Hi Will,
Good day. We highly value the feedback from your forum user Michael Ortmann and would like to provide a detailed account of the situation. Please review this information carefully.

On March 28, 2024, at 11:00 AM, we delivered the product to the customer. It wasn't until April 30, a month later, that the customer first contacted our customer service to report an issue with the product. Below are the specifics of the communication between the customer and our customer service team, including some image materials:

Customer Complaint Handling Process

1. Order Details

- Order Number: #LT22175

- Tracking Numbers: 272615567534, 272615570450 (Fedx: https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/summary?trknbr=272615567534,272615570450)

- Purchased Products:

A12V100-100-Heat-4-A100-Very Good Second-Hand Class B Batteries *2,

12V 40A DC-DC Charger *1

2. Customer Feedback

- April 29: The customer reported that out of the two batteries received, one was fine, but the other had a liquid sound inside.

- May 9: We sincerely request a video from the customer to confirm the issue.

- May 11: The customer replied that he was out of town and would provide the video later.

-May 29: The customer provided a video showing the battery being shaken, confirming the presence of liquid sounds.

3. Internal Investigation

- Considering the customer purchased second-hand batteries, we conducted an internal investigation.

- The delivery department confirmed no abnormalities at the time of shipment and provided pre-shipment photo.

- We communicated with the customer, stating we do not ship batteries with liquids and ask for him to provide the outer packaging box and shipping label. This was to verify if the battery was recently unpacked or if the packaging had been exposed to water (considering that there was a one-month gap between receiving the product and the customer's complaint.).

4. Further Communication

- May 31: The customer indicated they could provide pictures of the outer packaging box when he returned to town.

- June 4: The customer provided various images of the battery but did not include the outer packaging.

- June 5: We sincere requested images of the outer packaging again. The customer responded that he had discarded the packaging.

- July 9: In response, we explained to the customer that without evidence confirming the battery was damaged upon unboxing, it's difficult for us to proceed with warranty coverage according to company policy. The customer expressed difficulty accepting this, mentioning it's common to discard packaging after online purchases. However, our delivery department has repeatedly affirmed that we do not ship the batteries with liquid water to customers.

Conclusion

We are saddened by the occurrence of this issue. At LiTime, we have always maintained strict standards for product quality and customer service satisfaction, considering them as core pillars of our company's development.

From this incident, it is evident that there were multiple communications between the customer and our customer service team, spanning a significant period. Given the one-month gap between product delivery and customer feedback, it's challenging for us to ascertain if other events occurred during this time. Our customer service team diligently confirmed the absence of abnormalities during shipment and patiently assisted in troubleshooting the battery issue with the customer. We firmly believe there were no quality issues with liquid inside the battery at the time of shipment and encourage continued communication with our customer. We are willing to issue a refund to the customer, but we will require him to return the product to us. Upon receiving the returned product, our technical team will conduct a comprehensive inspection and troubleshooting, providing a finnal objective assessment results to both you and the customer.

The above represents our objective and detailed investigation and report on this customer's situation. While we support you advocating for the customer, we hope such advocacy is based on factual and fair grounds. Thank you.

What I think is Li-time is spending a huge amount of time on this. Even if the guy did use the battery as a boat anchor for a few weeks before complaining about it, they should just do the refund and move on. They have to maintain a perceived hassle free customer service because Epoch is dropping prices very close to their prices. I just saw the 105AH group 24 essentials 12V Epoch battery for $349, and that is before discount codes. This battery has bluetooth and is heated. This is only a few dollars more than the Li-time version which is not heated.

Refund the guy's money before Epoch eats your lunch.

Hi Will,
Good day. We highly value the feedback from your forum user Michael Ortmann and would like to provide a detailed account of the situation. Please review this information carefully.

On March 28, 2024, at 11:00 AM, we delivered the product to the customer. It wasn't until April 30, a month later, that the customer first contacted our customer service to report an issue with the product. Below are the specifics of the communication between the customer and our customer service team, including some image materials:

1. Order Details

- Tracking Numbers: 272615567534, 272615570450 (Fedx: https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/summary?trknbr=272615567534,272615570450)

- Purchased Products:

12V 40A DC-DC Charger *1

2. Customer Feedback

- April 29: The customer reported that out of the two batteries received, one was fine, but the other had a liquid sound inside.

- May 11: The customer replied that he was out of town and would provide the video later.

-May 29: The customer provided a video showing the battery being shaken, confirming the presence of liquid sounds.

- Considering the customer purchased second-hand batteries, we conducted an internal investigation.

- The delivery department confirmed no abnormalities at the time of shipment and provided pre-shipment photo.

- We communicated with the customer, stating we do not ship batteries with liquids and ask for him to provide the outer packaging box and shipping label. This was to verify if the battery was recently unpacked or if the packaging had been exposed to water (considering that there was a one-month gap between receiving the product and the customer's complaint.).

4. Further Communication

- May 31: The customer indicated they could provide pictures of the outer packaging box when he returned to town.

- June 4: The customer provided various images of the battery but did not include the outer packaging.

- June 5: We sincere requested images of the outer packaging again. The customer responded that he had discarded the packaging.

- July 9: In response, we explained to the customer that without evidence confirming the battery was damaged upon unboxing, it's difficult for us to proceed with warranty coverage according to company policy. The customer expressed difficulty accepting this, mentioning it's common to discard packaging after online purchases. However, our delivery department has repeatedly affirmed that we do not ship the batteries with liquid water to customers.

Conclusion

We are saddened by the occurrence of this issue. At LiTime, we have always maintained strict standards for product quality and customer service satisfaction, considering them as core pillars of our company's development.

From this incident, it is evident that there were multiple communications between the customer and our customer service team, spanning a significant period. Given the one-month gap between product delivery and customer feedback, it's challenging for us to ascertain if other events occurred during this time. Our customer service team diligently confirmed the absence of abnormalities during shipment and patiently assisted in troubleshooting the battery issue with the customer. We firmly believe there were no quality issues with liquid inside the battery at the time of shipment and encourage continued communication with our customer. We are willing to issue a refund to the customer, but we will require him to return the product to us. Upon receiving the returned product, our technical team will conduct a comprehensive inspection and troubleshooting, providing a finnal objective assessment results to both you and the customer.

The above represents our objective and detailed investigation and report on this customer's situation. While we support you advocating for the customer, we hope such advocacy is based on factual and fair grounds. Thank you
Hi Will,

1. Order Details

- Purchased Products:

12V 40A DC-DC Charger *1

2. Customer Feedback

4. Further Communication

Conclusion

The above represents our objective and detailed investigation and report on this customer's situation. While we support you advocating for the customer, we hope such advocacy is based on factual and fair grounds. Thank you.
They didn’t respond directly to my email with a “thank you for bringing this to our attention” or something. That’s really all they need to do for you as well and then probably just directly go to the original person they are helping and do that. I don’t need a response from them, but they certainly took yours seriously & then sounds a bit like they questioned you at the end. But, sounds fair to me. Nice to have someone speak up that gets heard. We could all use a little boost sometimes.

It's typically policy to open a delivered order and test it all on video here in Asia, not that this would of necessarily helped in op`s case as the liquid could have leaked during the time he stored it. For anyone reading this thread I would highly recommend opening packages this way, then companies have no way to refute and it also works out better for them as if they test the product before shipping they can claim the shipping company induced the damage.

I don't see how having the Box in hand makes much of a difference.
The pictures look like electrolyte was leaking inside and some of the vapor or liquid left those white stains on the seam.
IMO I think it's fair based on whats transpired that they get a chance to examine the battery before refunding the money.
I don't believe they will really waste the time to open them, it is just another hoop the OP has to jump through to get a refund but it's still fair.

Holy cow, this sounds like a clueless company determined to avoid being taken, no matter what the facts are or how much business it might cost them. Anyone with experience in retail knows you end up eating some things you probably shouldn't have to, in order to avoid worse trouble. It's just good business. Solve the problem and move on.

This reads to me as defensive and upset with Will for bringing it up. How dare he?

It should be noted the average person cant just ship a battery. Being damaged this battery is NOT ALLOWED TO BE SHIPPED either, someone is going to have to lie and say its not damaged.

FedEx and UPS require the shipper to be hazmat trained. Not even the UPS Stores or customer service centers will do it. LiTime would need to send him a prepaid label and act as the shipper, and they (the shipper) are responsible for it while in transit.

An LTL freight company can do it for you but it starts at $150 then goes up because it will ship on a pallet.

Someone at LiTime should be smart enough to know this is an unreasonable request to ship a known damaged battery.

I would learn from my mistake (not inspecting right away, not taking pics of box, not saving box, etc.) and move on ... do it better the next time.

When we deal with companies, we expect them to package the product well enough to get to you, but then they have to hand off to a shipper, and then there is the customer/receiver. Numerous points for problems to happen, after it leaves the factory. Again, there is a process for handling shipping damage ...

Not everyone accepts personal responsibility for their actions these days ... they are more than willing to have someone else pay for their own mistake, up to and including fudging the details. Unfortunately, that drives up cost for *the rest of us* ...

If I were the company, I wouldn't fold, as long as my policies were clearly posted on the website, or in the printed materials received with the product. Save the packaging, contact the shipper and LiTime, and get it sorted properly.

Again, LiTime is a great company, with really good products ...

It is worth noting that the battery has a puncture hole in the bottom about the size of a nail. I am guessing somewhere in their processing line it was set down on a pallet that was in rough shape with nails exposed then batteries were stacked on top of it. This caused the hole, and I have no clue where the liquid came from.

At this point I do not expect to get any money back, or even a new battery. I would prefer to get the money back but I doubt that will happen.

I hope this helps anyone on the fence with buying from LiTime!

Mike

Again how is there a hole in the bottom of the case and the fluid not leaking out? Can you provide a picture of said hole?

I think 1 of 3 things happened

Li time failed in their QC and resold a warranty returned item that had damage

Shipping damage

Damage by the OP

The OP clearly states he’s not expecting anything from li time. So their responses seems way more than adequate, except shipping the unit back (assuming nothing is leaking) will prob cost the same as the refund of this used unit.

IMO it’s just a lesson for everyone to inspect a product when it arrives and immediately make a claim. What if this was a pallet of solar panels? would you expect San tan solar to eat the damage or would you go after the shipping company.

I don’t think li time should to do anything, if they give an inch to this guy, they give a mile to the next and each time they shell out it costs the next buyer.

Last edited:
I can see your point 740GLE. It is like the insurance companies when they settle a lawsuit that pretty clearly is a money grab (a slip and fall Better Call Saul type case). In the end, it is cheaper for the insurance company to settle, but they have given these inches so much that it is almost expected they will settle and the end result is we all pay a bit more for insurance.

Are you willing to pay $20 more for per battery so someone else can be sloppy on detecting shipping damage?

I worked at UPS for a few years and got to tour the facility of a USPS and the difference in care for the parcels was night and day. My guess is it was damaged on the trip to your house. This is a great reminder to inspect/take photos of the packaging of expensive products.

Last edited:
I would learn from my mistake (not inspecting right away, not taking pics of box, not saving box, etc.) and move on ... do it better the next time.

When we deal with companies, we expect them to package the product well enough to get to you, but then they have to hand off to a shipper, and then there is the customer/receiver. Numerous points for problems to happen, after it leaves the factory. Again, there is a process for handling shipping damage ...

Not everyone accepts personal responsibility for their actions these days ... they are more than willing to have someone else pay for their own mistake, up to and including fudging the details. Unfortunately, that drives up cost for *the rest of us* ...

If I were the company, I wouldn't fold, as long as my policies were clearly posted on the website, or in the printed materials received with the product. Save the packaging, contact the shipper and LiTime, and get it sorted properly.

Again, LiTime is a great company, with really good products ...

Change this:

"Not everyone accepts personal responsibility for their actions these days ..."

to this:

"Almost nobody accepts personal responsibility for their actions these days ..."

and it better reflects reality.

As was said in the Fiddler on the Roof - "Hope for the best, expect the worst."

Reactions: JRH

diy solar

diy solar
Back