diy solar

diy solar

Best BMS for communicating with a Victron Cerbo GX?

VikingRoo

Hi all, I was originally going to go with pylontech batteries for my solar/wind setup, but have found really good value 21700 cells, so I am considering building my own powerwall, so starting to look into BMS's, what in your opinion is the best 300a+ BMS going at the moment for a 48v/15s DIY battery pack/powerwall build at the moment that can connect to a Victron Cerbo GX via the VE Can port? going with a 350ah pack you will need a fairly powerful cell balancer.

Ive only ever built e-bike packs around the ANT smart BMS before, they work great but but no BMS Can data out connection,

Hi all, I was originally going to go with pylontech batteries for my solar/wind setup, but have found really good value 21700 cells, so I am considering building my own powerwall, so starting to look into BMS's, what in your opinion is the best 300a+ BMS going at the moment for a 48v/15s DIY battery pack/powerwall build at the moment that can connect to a Victron Cerbo GX via the VE Can port? going with a 350ah pack you will need a fairly powerful cell balancer.

Ive only ever built e-bike packs around the ANT smart BMS before, they work great but but no BMS Can data out connection,

Reactions: wds
Victron supports pylontech https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start
I visited a seminar of them, and asked I they would build a BMS (in fact are cells dumm)
Johannes Boonstra answered that Victron will not support that, because the expect problems generated by the cells and consumer would blame Victron.
I have a set of Basen cells with a smart Daly, and it seems that there are some developements to accept the data in the Cerbo

Not tested it yet because the Daly does not read any data from the cells...

Back