diy solar

diy solar

best ever Lifepo4 price today and good inverter deal.

what is the link to battery deal? Thnx
This is the one I have been looking at, it has the lowest cost and shhipping charge. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.themePage.order.21.6b1c5d28YvHSO8
Thanks for the update and info, where do you get the "good list sellers"
The list is from here: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/where-to-buy-the-280ah-lifepo4-cells.12685/

Here is more link about 280Ah purchase by other members, I am reading those thread right now. https://diysolarforum.com/search/159506/?q=280ah&o=relevance

Last edited:
So I am trying to place the order from Alibaba, first time for me, I am at the page where it shows sumit button, and at the bottom of the button it has this message: After you place this order please contact the supplier to confirm shipping details and order amount..
So if I cliick the Submit Order, am I commit to buy? Do i have to send Email to the Seller?

Follow-up: Once I put in the shipping address, the shipping charge shows and + transaction fee, then I gave hte creit card number and then it all went through.

Last edited:
I ordered from Michael in the group buy for the price and peace of mind. Cells are dropped ship from the supplier. There is no interaction with the supplier because Michael takes care of everything. If there are any problems Michael provides the customer service. For example if a cell is received damaged or deemed to be a dud then Michael will either replace it or offer a partial refund, depending on what the buyer would prefer.

So I am trying to place the order from Alibaba, first time for me, I am at the page where it shows sumit button, and at the bottom of the button it has this message: After you place this order please contact the supplier to confirm shipping details and order amount..
So if I cliick the Submit Order, am I commit to buy? Do i have to send Email to the Seller?

Follow-up: Once I put in the shipping address, the shipping charge shows and + transaction fee, then I gave hte creit card number and then it all went through.
I just pulled the trigger as well. My 1st order with Alibaba. Now the wait begins..... 42 - 50 days to Ontario Canada.

I should have ordered them last month when they were $292 + 112 shpd +$15 proc fee, but at that time I was not sure if I can trust Alibaba or not.
My total order is $433, I just hope that I will not get any surprise fees added, Gloria from Basen assures me that everything will be paid for to get them to my door, we'll see.
I cannot wait to get them, right now I am try to get my refund for the 90Ah batteries I ordered from Aliexpress since Sept 6th!

Last edited:
This will be a great test, I hope it works for you. These companies should be working as hard as possible to make a trusting relationship. Please keep us posted.

I should have ordered them last month when they were $292 + 112 shpd +$15 proc fee, but at that time I was not sure if I can trust Alibaba or not.
My total order is $433, I just hope that I will not get any surprise fees added, Gloria from Basen assures me that everything will be paid for to get them to my door, we'll see.
I cannot wait to get them, right now I am try to get my refund for the 90Ah batteries I ordered from Aliexpress since Sept 6th!
Yes, the AliExpress order seemed to good to be true...
And sadly then it often is.

Don't get your mind all Fuzzy with 5 extra ah in 280Ah cells....
If they didn't change the housing, it really can be a bad thing.

I'm one of the lucky or unlucky owners of 48* 152Ah cells.
That same housing is also used for 120 and 140 Ah...
Result...
Too much sheets in one housing will give delaminating - bloating quickly.
With result a decrease capacity.

Best way to look at increased capacity is to ask yourself:
"why didn't they do this at the start?"
It's not the first LiFePO4 they built...

My 152Ah?
The new batch have bigger housing.

I learned a lot since February.
Back then the 152Ah where $69
(I got them in April, lower price)
I've bought my last batch of 280's end of August for just a tiny bit more then $69....

It all does come down to the size of the order and if you know how to negotiate with Chinese culture for the price.

Price below $65 for 272ah Lishen is doable.
Even smaller orders a price like $68
(PM if you like more information)

And the quality??
I have Eve... (152Ah) 48 bloating or going to bloat in the near future.
32 X 280Ah that are perfect.
Looking back, I should have started with the 280Ah directly.

When you ask the forum for the brand.. you probably will hear "Eve"..
I have 48 "bad ones" and 32 "good ones"...

No way to really tell until you have it half year in usage.. and even then.
By then the type and capacity is no longer available via Alibaba.
Going from 280 to 285 because the 280 where good is just a deep jump as buying 280Ah from a brand YOU didn't read about before.

Last year... No one on this forum knew the brand "Eve"....

It's really, really relative....

And this is without the discussion about out gray market cells who are claimed to be Grade-A...
(Without providing specifications about what grade A is)

Most buyers are happy with what they receive.
Manny times unhappy at the start.
Like opening your microwave hamburger that looks a lot better on the picture...
But if it tastes OK you will buy again.
Don't have too high expectations.
Something probably will be wrong or bad.
Bad screws, thin bus-bar, no screw or bus-bar (no screw is actually a good thing, you should not be using them, but headless bolts, /studs)
Banged up outside box, bad tracking of the parcel, list goes on.
But what you bought, the cells...
They arrive as described and will work fine.
Hopefully for many years to follow.

The rest is the anticipation of the hamburger the first time you ever bought one and opened the bag...

My first time was scarry too.
Like my disappointment for that microwave burger...
Not what I expected, but at the end it doesn't taste that bad, actually even doesn't matter.
The core of the deal is good or good enough for the money you paid.

Sorry what I meant was if I have a charge controller which says it will work with lithium would I need a BMS to use these or can I just hook them up to the charge controller.
You will Still need a bms mate.

You will Still need a bms mate.
Lol ...
August 2020..
But yeah, you are right.

Inverters look only to total voltage, BMS looks at individual cell voltages and makes sure they don't go beyond treshold.

Min. low 2.0 volt, most stop between 2.2 and 2.5v
Max 3.65 volt, most BMS stop between 3.6 and 3.8v

While 3.8 might seem high, overcharge till 4.2 is still concerned "safe" (if it's a fast spike) and is quickly stoped (don't keep it at 4.2v)

3.8v peak will quickly reduce to 3.65 due balance of the chemical, when the charge stops.

Just like 2.2v will quickly bounce back to 2.5v when the drain stops

So there is some "wiggle" room.
Don't panic when you see a cell reach 2.1 or 3.8 volt :)

Back