diy solar

diy solar

Best inverter for a tiny home/mobile ?

EastFalcon

I will be setting 2 Tiny Homes fully electric, they are going to be 120v only. Battery setup will be 48v.

What is the best inverter for the price I'm looking at the 3000 watt 48V EG 4:

The other would be a Victron 48v

Open to other suggestions, but need to keep idle current low which is why the EG4 6500 and 6000 were not considered.

Solar panels can be strung up to get 155 VOC.

The max watts being consumed should not exceed 3000 watts, generally around 500 or less (small fridge, mac computer, and the furnace is propane so does not need electricity for heating).

The A/C is going to be a small mini split system.

Doing EVE 304 cells in 16 configuration with a JBD BMS that has the lcd and inverter communication.

Victron is going to be your best choice, unless you need a NEC compliant/permit/inspected system.

I will be setting 2 Tiny Homes fully electric, they are going to be 120v only. Battery setup will be 48v.

What is the best inverter for the price I'm looking at the 3000 watt 48V EG 4:

The other would be a Victron 48v

Open to other suggestions, but need to keep idle current low which is why the EG4 6500 and 6000 were not considered.

Solar panels can be strung up to get 155 VOC.

The max watts being consumed should not exceed 3000 watts, generally around 500 or less (small fridge, mac computer, and the furnace is propane so does not need electricity for heating).

The A/C is going to be a small mini split system.

Doing EVE 304 cells in 16 configuration with a JBD BMS that has the lcd and inverter communication.
A propane furnace that has no need for electric? Is it radiant or forced air... because forced air has a blower motor or two, and will certainly need electricity.

A propane furnace that has no need for electric? Is it radiant or forced air... because forced air has a blower motor or two, and will certainly need electricity.

Sorry it has a built in 120v ac/12v dc for the blower, I meant to say it does not need power for the heating. A Redodo 12v 100Ah will be used as the main 12v supply for the tiny home.

Back