diy solar

diy solar

better control unit

e67

I am looking for a controller that doesn't exist yet, at least directly. And I was wondering how hard it would be to have someone build me what I want....
a variable DC(100-300vdc) input direct to 120AC output...No batteries involved...My Midnight Solar controller already gets it to 48v dc...I don't see why it would be that hard to go direct to AC 120/240..The Sunny Boy units can output some AC 120 directly so the circuitry is available but with them and everyone else the Inverter (always grid tie)won't even turn on without grid power. People who want to use their PV to charge their cars directly ,and there will be millions of us in the future, need a unit that can output AC directly,4-5 hours of charging even at 120v 20 amps is fine by me. I don't need to drive everyday ....I don't want to get involved with grid tie systems whatsoever...getting into bed with the power company is a bad choice....
I cant believe there aren't choices out there yet...unbelievable....do you think I could have it built especially if I didn't care about form factor at all..
it could be the size of 2 suitcases and that would be ok....what do you think??

There have been discussions about this. I'm thinking about getting an EV, but until I do haven't followed it too closely. I do have a friend that modified one of my designs and charges his car from like a 275V array. He does it with DC and apparently some vehicles have DC input or don't care. They just convert to DC first and control from there. There has also been talk of whether MSW inverters can be used. I run 120V panel array into an old MSW inverter and run a washing machine with no battery. There are forums totally dedicated EV where this is discussed

Back