diy solar

diy solar

Better order more panels before price increase.

grebaba

I saw on the news this morning that a hail storm in Demon Tx. last night wiped out a huge solar farm with thousands of panels destroyed.
Might want to order before the price goes up as they are going to have to replace these.
Greg

The hail storm may have destroyed maybe even 80% of those panels but they'll replace them with new ones and put the old ones out on the used Market

I would assume thousands of panels is a tiny, minute fraction of the panels produced every year.

I have no stats to back that up, but with individual DIYers on this forum buying multiple pallets, I can only imagine that the solar vendors, farm installers, etc, probably go through huge volumes of them to where a thousand is a drop in the bucket.

There are warehouses full of panels all over the world right now. China needs cash and is dumping as many as they can. Even with tariffs the can undersell panel made in Europe.

I just saw an article the other day that said the solar panel market is flooded, manufacturers are sitting on more panels than ever, panels they can't seem to sell and prices are likely to keep dropping. Hope this is true.

I don't lnow what panels they used here, BUT, a lot of these utility scale projects use panels from companies like First Solar who only do utility scale solar. We only get those panels after they have been through the hail storm.

Back