diy solar

diy solar

Big Day! Just installed and things seem to be working.

rtasker

IMG_1233.jpeg
First time ever doing anything kind of solar installation and so far the loads are all working. I can’t believe it, I just hooked it up and it worked the first time.This 6000XP system is not connected to the grid just to the bonded neutral and ground wires from the main panel going into the 6000XP. I and able to switch between power sources on each branch load by just using the transfer switch. What I’m not sure about if there might be a correct procedure when switching between power sources using my TS. If I want to change the incoming power to a branch circuit that is being powered by the main panel can I just switch it from Grid to Off then to Gen in the TS or do I have to turn off the EPS switch and load breakers on the 6000XP first? I just want to make sure I not being too hard on my equipment by switching between power sources by using nothing but the Grid, Off and Gen switch.
I also want to thank everyone for answering all of my many questions along the way while I was doing this installation.
Robert

Last edited:
Looks good. With your MTS setup you might want to be careful about switching certain loads such as items with compressors. A period of being off for a couple of minutes would be best. Most items however should not be an issue if you pause momentarily in Off and back On to new source.

I would not see any reason to turn off the 6000xp breakers in the process though like any case of loading it is always best to start items progressively to prevent too many hitting at one time.

Back