diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp horizontal install

RickRoades

Tried searching, sorry if this is repetitive. I just purchased the 6000xp. My approach must be slow in that I’m starting ONLY as a power outage back up with just a 6500-ex and 1 LL v2 battery. My 6500-ex was laying horizontally on a cart on top of just one battery. No panels, no transfer switch yet. Grid charged battery until power goes out, propane generator with Chargeverter to recharge battery, and the 6500-ex would use extension cords for vitals. I just bought a 2nd battery and the 6000xp. The manual says the 6000xp must be installed upright, or minimum at least a 75 degree angle or more.

My goal was to have the backup on a cart I can move to where it’s needed. Why can’t the 6000xp be laid downon its back?

Air flow and cooling considerations, hot air rises. If mounted horizontally, an additional cooling fan may allow that configuration to be used but this is not a recommendation since I have no idea how to size the fan or if it would need to be ducted directly into the air intake.

Air flow and cooling considerations, hot air rises. If mounted horizontally, an additional cooling fan may allow that configuration to be used but this is not a recommendation since I have no idea how to size the fan or if it would need to be ducted directly into the air intake.
That makes sense - since the unit's fans are near the top, it's creating the draft through to pull the heat. I think I can work with 75 degrees if it's at one end of the cart. It also might cause an issue with warranty if not in compliance.

Thanks so much for responding!

Tried searching, sorry if this is repetitive. I just purchased the 6000xp. My approach must be slow in that I’m starting ONLY as a power outage back up with just a 6500-ex and 1 LL v2 battery. My 6500-ex was laying horizontally on a cart on top of just one battery. No panels, no transfer switch yet. Grid charged battery until power goes out, propane generator with Chargeverter to recharge battery, and the 6500-ex would use extension cords for vitals. I just bought a 2nd battery and the 6000xp. The manual says the 6000xp must be installed upright, or minimum at least a 75 degree angle or more.

My goal was to have the backup on a cart I can move to where it’s needed. Why can’t the 6000xp be laid downon its back?
Sounds like an opportunity to build a frame for it that you mount on top of the cart :). Then you could be vertical

I was thinking of the same thing. looking to build a mobile back up station with a cabinet with 6 ruxiu batteries and 6000xp on top. Size wise it would fit perfectly on top of that cabinet, but orientation consideration you have mentioned here is def a concer. Wondering if some type of additional fan/exhaust would do the trick.

I’ve seen many Chinese inverters have the fans seemingly backwards and try to push air in from the top and out the bottom.
Idk if that’s the case with the 6000xp or not, if so then I don’t see how heat would be worse than vertical

I was thinking of the same thing. looking to build a mobile back up station with a cabinet with 6 ruxiu batteries and 6000xp on top. Size wise it would fit perfectly on top of that cabinet, but orientation consideration you have mentioned here is def a concer. Wondering if some type of additional fan/exhaust would do the trick.
Or better, build a frame with hinges that allow it to lay flat, but then when you need it, make it vertical and off you go!

Back