diy solar

diy solar

Blackcell battery?

Good price. Never heard of them but that's not surprising these days.

It’s marked 5.12kWh 100Ah which should not be 15s. I see no reason to suspect 15s.

They have a US warehouse located in CA.

Also warehouses in Germany and Australia. Surprised no one has mentioned them before.

I have no experience with them but see no cause for random worries either.

Last edited:
"For engine start batteries, e-bikes/motorcycles/scooters, golf carts/trolleys, power tools...solar and wind power systems, motorhomes, caravans"

I'd like to see you try to put that on an e-bike/scooter ?

It’s marked 5.12kWh 100Ah which should not be 15s. I see no reason to suspect 15s.

They have a US warehouse located in CA.

Also warehouses in Germany and Australia. Surprised no one has mentioned them before.

I have no experience with them but see no cause for random worries either.
Ok your choice.

The rack battery seems intriguing and a good deal, but I couldn't find any documentation on it, i.e. a spec sheet or owner's manual.

The rack battery seems intriguing and a good deal, but I couldn't find any documentation on it, i.e. a spec sheet or owner's manual.
Good place to start, OP should ask them for these prior to an order. Get the cell count confirmed (just to be sure).
I will say, a few years ago, when searching for a deal on my first rack battery, I found one that seemed okay, but upon more investigation it was in fact 15S - which was also how they kept the cost down a bit. Gotta ask or see it in the documentation folks, thats my free advice.

Good place to start, OP should ask them for these prior to an order. Get the cell count confirmed (just to be sure).
I will say, a few years ago, when searching for a deal on my first rack battery, I found one that seemed okay, but upon more investigation it was in fact 15S - which was also how they kept the cost down a bit. Gotta ask or see it in the documentation folks, thats my free advice.
Yeah if it is a 15S, that might explain the lower price, that is, another cell would push it up another $100 or so. But, it is a 5.12kwh batt, so maybe it is a 16S.

Concerns? Plenty.

First off who the heck are these people and has anyone tested them?

Don’t know anyone who has tested them and not sure how things make it to the @Will Prowse workbench but a teardown would be ideal of course.

This quote :

“All products have passed RoHS, UL, CE export certification “

From this part of their website:

is encouraging but I don’t know anything else about them.

They replied my email and said the US warehouse does not have this particular model. It takes 30-days to ship it from China. I will ask them for the user manual and spec sheet.

I know this seller. I have purchased batteries from his house. The quality is good, and I am also very satisfied with customer service

I bought one from Blackcell website, it is 16s eve 100ah cells and quality is satisfied, but they deliveried it from China not local warehouse, tooks 30 days and not bad, I reckon local warehouse would be more expensive, it is a big-heavy stuff.
I would like to share it if you guys are interested.

Back