diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti 200 SMOKE!!!

Kimmerj

Where there's smoke there's fire? So I purchased a 12v 100Ah LifePo4 to charge up my Bluetti 200(I purchased this thru the Indiegogo as one of the first units. I went on the forum and was advised to get a converter to change the volts up to 48v. I've used this to recharge my unit when I've been out camping with great success. The other night I went to charge it as usual and I had just sat down when I smelled electrical smoke. Immediately jumped up and unplugged everything. There was smoke coming out of the Bluetti and now will not turn on. Of course it isn't under warranty and I have no way of knowing how to repair it or even open the case. Ideas??? I used the cables provided by Bluetti to use the DC input port and the cables provided with the converter. Bluetti customer service responded with "is it under warranty and if so, blah blah blah. HELP!!!

Related thread:

At this point there is not much you can, just have to figure out how to open it up then take bunch of pictures and post it here then we may be able to tell you which section of the circuit has blown up.
I'm not sure how close your unity is to the AC200P teardown video:

Bluetti lists the specs on the car charging input as 12v-30v, I wonder if the menu setting got changed from pv to car charging.

How were you charging the 12v battery, and why not directly charge the Bluetti from that source?

Bluetti lists the specs on the car charging input as 12v-30v, I wonder if the menu setting got changed from pv to car charging.

How were you charging the 12v battery, and why not directly charge the Bluetti from that source?
12A is the max input current for Solar input, and less than 10A with car charger for AC200P, https://www.bluettipower.com/products/bluetti-ac200p-2000wh-2000w-portable-power-station, so OP use the boost copnveter to boost 12V to 48 to feed the Solar input to get more charging Wattage.

INPUT​

AC Adapter Input: 400W Max.
Solar Input: 700W Max., VOC 35-150V, 12A.
Car Input: 12/24V from Cigarette Lighter Port
Maximum Input: 1100W, with AC and Solar Input Simultaneously

RECHARGE TIMES​

AC Adapter (400W): ≈5.5~6 Hours
Solar (700W): ≈ 3.5~4 Hours (With prime sunshine, ideal orientation and low temperature)
12V/24V Car Outlet (100W/200W): ≈10 or 20 Hours
AC + Solar (1100W): ≈2.3~2.8 Hours (With prime sunshine, ideal orientation and low temperature)
Solar + Solar (1200W): ≈2.1~2.5 Hours (With Optional D050S DC Charging Enhancer)
Dual AC (800W): ≈3~3.5 Hours (With Optional Dual Adapters)

12A is the max input current for Solar input, and less than 10A with car charger for AC200P, https://www.bluettipower.com/products/bluetti-ac200p-2000wh-2000w-portable-power-station, so OP use the boost copnveter to boost 12V to 48 to feed the Solar input to get more charging Wattage.

Understood, I was trying to figure out why it worked fine for awhile and then suddenly had issues. You have to select either pv charging or car charging through the menu on the Bluetti because they both use the same plug. I was thinking this somehow got changed from pv to car charging, which has a lower voltage limit (30v)

Prior to going camping I charge the battery with the Bluetti. We have 800 watts of panel power. at home. We mostly camp for around 3 days at a time and usually don't have any shore power(National park campgrounds). I use the battery as a backup if I need to charge the Bluetti. I have a small window air conditioner we put in the driver's window that we will run if it gets super hot. Has worked well all summer doing this. When I'm at home I put the air unit in one of the rooms that always gets hotter than the others. Came home from camping and ran the air conditioner via the Bluetti. It was a super hot day and the Bluetti went down to 0% so hooked up the battery to it since it was a cloudy day and the battery still had plenty of juice.

Back