diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC2000P Solar charging issue

TE RUNS WILD

I am reviewing a Bluetti AC2000P generator for my Youtube channel. I have tried to charge it via a 100 watt solar panel and have been unsuccessful. I show an input voltage of 23-24V but no input wattage. The Bluetti parameters for voltage for charging are 35-150. I have tried doing this in a cooler environment which may be an issue although the unit is at room temperature. My Renogy panel looks like it is only putting out about 17 volts. My question is this: Is it necessary to use more than a 100 watt panel for this unit? Why is the unit receiving 23-24 volts when the panel specs say it is rated for about 17? It the answer just so easy that I need to add another panel for charging? It just seems odd to me that I cant charge the unit at all with a single 100 watt panel...I feel like I'm missing something.. Thoughts?

I just started using the AC200P but I'm waiting on the panels to arrive, have only charged it using 120 wall power. I will keep you posted when my panels arrive and would be happy provide any detail about them you may want. I'll be post about it short in this group.

The AC200P needs a minimum of 31 volts input to activate the charge controller, so yes, you would need at least two 100 watt panels wired in series.

Back